Installed Packages Discrepancies

Support forums for the Habitat Automate plugin
sashdown

Installed Packages Discrepancies

Post by sashdown »

Hi Cubert/P4A

Thanks for your ongoing support with the 3rd party application manager tool. I have enabled this for a client with their DC server running as the caching agent, which has access to the shared location confirmed with successful run of Habitat - Test Application Manager Caching Access script.

However when referring to the application manager tab for this client, the caching agent has discrepancies between repo and installed version however it also displays that the agent is currently up to date. see attached
Managed Applications cache agent discrepancies.png
Managed Applications cache agent discrepancies.png (34.93 KiB) Viewed 1180 times

Similarly comparing the Managed Applications tab and the Installed Software tab these do not match up in terms of versions. On a device which is set normal agent it does not display installed versions at all for a number of applications which are then detailed on the Installed Applications
Managed Applications 4b.png
Managed Applications 4b.png (52.53 KiB) Viewed 1180 times
installed applicatiosn 4b.png
installed applicatiosn 4b.png (30.37 KiB) Viewed 1180 times
Again these devices show as Current with the green check.

I'm a little lost as to where this is coming apart. I am assuming that the Installed Applications data is retrieved from the CW Automate software table information. While the Managed Applications information comes from the output of various chocolatey commands? How does this overcome the business only requirement for use of Choco Sync to collect applications that were installed outside of the chocolatey environment?

Cubert

Re: Installed Packages Discrepancies

Post by Cubert »

It looks from image, as far as I can gather from this data, that the apps missing installed versions numbers in the image below also look to have updated most resently compared to others. This may mean that the have installed/updated packages recently but has not completed the versioning of new apps which happens later in the day.

Managed and Installed most likely will never fully match up. It depends on what is installed and what you have as approved for the managed software. No all softwares will match up and only apps in approved apps list wil be managed.

Cubert

Re: Installed Packages Discrepancies

Post by Cubert »

The installed versions missing in other image , i am not sure about. Would need to see agent scan logs to see what output is from agent.

Return to “Habitat”