C4A 3.6 updates/changes

This forum is for the discussions and support for the Chocolatey For Automate plugin. Inside you will find the Documentation Project forum that describes the operation of the plugin.
Cubert

Re: C4A 3.6 updates/changes

Post by Cubert »

Just found anther bug with the managed apps uninstaller. I have this fixed and will be pushing up a new build tomorrow after some more testing takes place.

PL-MSTech

Post by PL-MSTech »

I am running 3.6.0.7
So, for the apps that we did not approve (such as audacity, flashplayeractivex, inkscape, etc.) which were initially installed with the new version... we have to go to one machine at a time to remove these?
If so, we can deal... however, when the machine list refreshes (every 30 seconds or so??), we lose our place and have to figure out which machine we were on... a script to remove these may be the easier way, but in order to make the gui functional for this purpose, I would advise a way to pause syncing, and/or be able to easily change the refresh rate at the top.

PL-MSTech

Post by PL-MSTech »

- If you highlight a machine in the client site list, then arrow up or down through the machines, the other machines are highlighted blue, but the managed apps do not update unless you actually click on them.

- I think it is necessary to have a tab/list/report that shows discrepancies between what is installed on each machine vs. what is approved for the client site, so that we know which app(s) to remove or manually add if they do not automatically install.

- In the 'approve apps' list for the client site, clicking each column sorts the list - except the 'enable ' column... the arrow beside the column header displays and switches, but no sorting is done

PL-MSTech

Post by PL-MSTech »

For the 3.5 version, c4a created (I believe) a 'chocolatey' folder under the location 'script and template variables drive'.
I see that 3.6 has created a 'chocolatey.2.2.2' folder, but it is empty and all of the packages are getting dumped into the root of the 'script and template variables drive' share... we need to keep that location clean of choco updates and packages.
I'm not sure if I should temporarily change the location to include the 'chocolatey' or 'chocolatey.2.2.2' location, or wait to see if you can fix that.... there are several files/folders in there that appear to have UID folders... I would assume these are the prerequisite MS KBs?

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

PL-MSTech wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:21 pm I am running 3.6.0.7
So, for the apps that we did not approve (such as audacity, flashplayeractivex, inkscape, etc.) which were initially installed with the new version... we have to go to one machine at a time to remove these?
If so, we can deal... however, when the machine list refreshes (every 30 seconds or so??), we lose our place and have to figure out which machine we were on... a script to remove these may be the easier way, but in order to make the gui functional for this purpose, I would advise a way to pause syncing, and/or be able to easily change the refresh rate at the top.

I can look at 2 different adjustments, push refresh back to 1 minute or add a properties setting for refresh rate and als add a bulk uninstall for client view.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

PL-MSTech wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:40 pm - If you highlight a machine in the client site list, then arrow up or down through the machines, the other machines are highlighted blue, but the managed apps do not update unless you actually click on them.

- I think it is necessary to have a tab/list/report that shows discrepancies between what is installed on each machine vs. what is approved for the client site, so that we know which app(s) to remove or manually add if they do not automatically install.

- In the 'approve apps' list for the client site, clicking each column sorts the list - except the 'enable ' column... the arrow beside the column header displays and switches, but no sorting is done
I look at the agent list to see if we can better control "selections" getting highlighted. The issue with sorting is a bit more difficult as it relies on sorting images which it does not do natively. I'll look at this more.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

PL-MSTech wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:14 pm For the 3.5 version, c4a created (I believe) a 'chocolatey' folder under the location 'script and template variables drive'.
I see that 3.6 has created a 'chocolatey.2.2.2' folder, but it is empty and all of the packages are getting dumped into the root of the 'script and template variables drive' share... we need to keep that location clean of choco updates and packages.
I'm not sure if I should temporarily change the location to include the 'chocolatey' or 'chocolatey.2.2.2' location, or wait to see if you can fix that.... there are several files/folders in there that appear to have UID folders... I would assume these are the prerequisite MS KBs?

This is accurate, The process now uses the share drive as it's root for its repository. What you see as Chocolatey and Chocolatey.2.2.2. are the actual available Chocolatey packages is an agent was told to update its Chocolatey. You must have it in the Approved apps list for it to populate here.

It is quite common for packages to create an empty directory but still have a file of some sort in the root directory. Chocolatey created the 2.2.2 folder but does not put anything in it as the entire process to install or upgrade is a single ps1 file, typically in root.

PL-MSTech

Post by PL-MSTech »

It is quite common for packages to create an empty directory but still have a file of some sort in the root directory. Chocolatey created the 2.2.2 folder but does not put anything in it as the entire process to install or upgrade is a single ps1 file, typically in root.
Gotcha, but the general share folder for the client location in automate is normally used for several things... not just C4A, so definitely get a consensus, but I would 'think' that it would be preferable - across the board - to have the choco packages in a sub-folder...?

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

We were doing that before but we were also calling sources directories with every package call. The way we are doing things now is more inline with how Chocolatey handles sources, which is to add the source to chocolatey configurations. I will look at seeing if we can "sufix" a package directory to the agents sources when using UNC as a source.

Dawid_FS

Post by Dawid_FS »

Hello,

I wasn't looking at the plugin for over a week and this happened :
ScreenConnect_Labtech Server 2022_2023-10-31_1.png
ScreenConnect_Labtech Server 2022_2023-10-31_1.png (190.41 KiB) Viewed 16803 times
I am cleaning this right now and let know if something like this will happen again.

Is there a way to prevent it from automatic updates? I can do it manually because it's not like a new update every week.

Return to “Chocolatey For Automate”