Deploy specific apps per device hardware

This forum is for the discussions and support for the Chocolatey For Automate plugin. Inside you will find the Documentation Project forum that describes the operation of the plugin.
dcarreiro

Deploy specific apps per device hardware

Post by dcarreiro »

Hi,
Sorry for the duplicate post but not sure if this has more eyes on than the Chocolatey for Labtech. Below is what I posted and I am hoping someone can guide me in the right direction.

I am currently using Chocolatey For Labtech. I know that Chocolatey For Automate is out, but never needed a reason to migrate over. However, we want to start to push apps like "Dell command Update Tool" to specific devices that are Dell only. Is there a way to push apps via say a CW Automate group? If not, does Chocolatey For Automate or habitat do this by chance? Any help is much appreciated.

Cubert

Re: Deploy specific apps per device hardware

Post by Cubert »

Replied to other post , but same is true here. Having the ability to assign single package installs to groups of computers out side the confines of Client and Location groupings.

Cubert

Re: Deploy specific apps per device hardware

Post by Cubert »

How ever, If your using the C4A caching system in the plugin and want to deploy Dell software to Dell agents you can create a script using our script as a example. That will allow you to capture the local cache info based on agent location and install from Cache location to any agent that has Dell in BIOS. Add the Dell software to your approved software list but leave disabled.

This way you create 1 script to do the installs and create 1 group from all agents where software shows not installed and agent is Dell. This group will auto join any agent that is a dell but missing software. This group executes your new script installing Dell software from Cache locations. Once agent has successfully installed software it should auto leave group. Now you have the makings of an automated process where Dell agents join a group, install a software which then disqualifies the agent for the group and it then leaves group with software installed.

As you can see trying to do all this inside the plugin is near impossible with out it being so very over complicated.

Return to “Chocolatey For Automate”