Habitat LAGM keeps reporting on same usernames

Support forums for the Habitat Automate plugin
vjcsteve

Habitat LAGM keeps reporting on same usernames

Post by vjcsteve »

Starting on 5/3, Habitat LAGM has been triggering alarms for the same accounts being added to the local admin group. If the create ticket checkbox is checked, multiple tickets per day are being created by the monitor for the same account. I have reviewed the alarms and acknowledged them, but they keep being triggered every time the script runs. In many cases, the account in the alarm is not listed as an admin user for the system (the Auto Restore Admin Group On Change box is not checked). No updates to Automate were installed during this timeframe so I don't know what changed on 5/3, but this monitor is now useless as it's just generating noise.

Do you have any thoughts or suggestions?

Cubert

Re: Habitat LAGM keeps reporting on same usernames

Post by Cubert »

This is on a single agent or small subset of agents? Then I see you are reporting its on the adding side and not the missing side of the spectrum.

Try:

Turn off all monitoring, ticket creation etc.. for 1 script cycle. This should allow the next script cycle to reset the current "acceptable" user list when you re enable monitor and ticketing for agent.

You would assume that just acknowledging the alarm would reset the monitors to new values but that is not the case. The "list to watch" is created at the time you select to enable the monitor. A snapshot is taken at that time and that becomes the "master" list. To reset master list you must disable all monitors then re enable them. It should force a snapshot of the current user list and make that the new master.

See if that fixes your issue.

Return to “Habitat”