Issues with Plugin.

This forum supports the ESX Host Health Monitor plugin. When posting post screenshots of issues and any script and command logs listed in the probe consoles.
jtzabecki

Issues with Plugin.

Post by jtzabecki »

So, scanning of hosts stopped on 10/27, I can manually force scan. Monitoring switch on plugin was turned off and alerting was not working. Alerts now show like this as well.

VMware ESXi Health Monitor
CIM - P4A ESX Health Monitor FAILED on Client\Server at Main office for 12 result 0.

Cubert

Re: Issues with Plugin.

Post by Cubert »

Version 5.0.0.4 was released on 6/14/2022 so I do not think an auto update caused this issue. It's possible that a Automate update may have interrupted automation.

You can see what the automation is doing via the server logs on host.

C:\Program Files\LabTech\Logs\Plugin_VMWareESXHealthMonitor.txt

Inside logs you should see the following..
LTAgent v220.190 - 8/11/2022 4:05:22 AM - Plugin VMWareESXHealthMonitor, Version=5.0.0.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: P4A ESX HealthMonitor Maintenance Script Starting:::
LTAgent v220.190 - 8/11/2022 4:05:22 AM - Plugin VMWareESXHealthMonitor, Version=5.0.0.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: Send probe command to agentID 33:::
LTAgent v220.190 - 8/11/2022 4:05:22 AM - Plugin VMWareESXHealthMonitor, Version=5.0.0.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: P4A ESX HealthMonitor Maintenance Script Starting:::
LTAgent v220.190 - 8/11/2022 4:05:22 AM - Plugin VMWareESXHealthMonitor, Version=5.0.0.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: P4A ESX HealthMonitor Maintenance cleaning up stail records:::

"Send probe command to agentID 33" = Automate has scheduled the VMWare ESX Health script to run on agent ID 33. You can now look at agent 33's script logs to see what was returned to Automate.

If this log stops or does not show active script scheduling then a reboot of the host maybe in order.

Send us the logs and script logs of agent in question and we can look it over for you.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

jtzabecki wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:00 pm So, scanning of hosts stopped on 10/27, I can manually force scan. Monitoring switch on plugin was turned off and alerting was not working. Alerts now show like this as well.

VMware ESXi Health Monitor
CIM - P4A ESX Health Monitor FAILED on Client\Server at Main office for 12 result 0.

Can you send us a example of what the alarm use to look like? That is a bit cryptic and should have host info and agent/ client info. This reporting has not changed code in any of the current releases. So this was unlikely to have changed recently in the plugin.

jtzabecki

Post by jtzabecki »

Never mind, I fixed it. Had to build new alert template. Old one was not wanting to work.

Return to “VMWare ESX Host Health Monitor”