Habitat 3rd party application manager not working

Support forums for the Habitat Automate plugin
eurgello

Re: Habitat 3rd party application manager not working

Post by eurgello »

I found the folder but it wasn't in the one I setup in the location in Automate.

It was saved on C:\Windows\LTSvc\Habitat\packages.

Packages are there and was just added earlier around 6AM.

I checked on the agents though and even though it did the scan after that time (8am afterwards), it still didn't do the update. Still having the same issue as before, either doesn't detect the correct version installed or doesn't detect that it is installed at all. Repo versions are showing as the latest version now though. Could the latest package not be installed until may be the next day?

One agent I checked the script history and it was still detecting the old version. While another agent had this error, Command returned [googlechrome] current version is [ The argument 'C:\WINDOWS\LTSvc\Habitat\GetPKGVersion.ps1' to the -File parameter does not exist. Provide the path to an existing '.ps1' file as an argument to the -File parameter.
Windows PowerShell
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Try the new cross-platform PowerShell https://aka.ms/pscore6 ]

There is no Habitat folder for this agent with the above error though.
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (88.52 KiB) Viewed 5520 times

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

This is good and accurate behavior.

The Caching Agent is making connections to repositories and getting the packages needed. Its failing to copy those to the network share. The caching agent always copies packages locally first then moves then to the network share in a 2 step process so step 1 is working as expected.

Just for grins, have can you exclude that share from AV?

Here is the reverse of the normal agent, This is how the remote caching agent pushes files to network share. From the Habitat Powershell Console place this code in side the script section and execute. What happens?

Code: Select all

$locationdrive = '\\myserver\myshare'  #  < -- Edit Me
$cacheuser = 'myUser'  #  < -- Edit Me
$cachepass = 'myPassword'  #  < -- Edit Me

net use $locationdrive /user:$cacheuser $cachepass
Remove-Item $locationdrive\Habitat\packages\* -Recurse -Force
Copy-Item -Force  -Recurse c:\windows\ltsvc\Habitat\packages\* -Destination $locationdrive\Habitat\packages\ -PassThru
Test-Path $locationdrive\Habitat\packages\install.ps1 

eurgello

Post by eurgello »

That's good.

I'm confirming with my manager if I can exclude that Share folder. I will update you back later on this.

I'm not familiar with the Habitat Powershell Console. I'm assuming that it is the screenshot below?
Habitat Powershell Manager.jpg
Habitat Powershell Manager.jpg (54.92 KiB) Viewed 5513 times
And that I would run it on just the normal agent and not the caching agent? Also, how would I run that script? As I don't see an option to run it on a particular agent.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

That's the one,

Powershell for Automate tool is a 2 part tool.

The global manager allows you to create a library of commands and scripts that can then be used against agents.

The agent console also has the interface but its to select from the library and run against any agent. See below.

Select the Caching agent as this is the area your having problems. We want to see why the Caching agent can not copy files to network share. Once we get that solved then all other agents just read from share so are less permissive than caching agent which has to also write to network share.

In the caching agents console select the plugins menu and then the Powershell plugin execute the script.

Screenshot 2022-07-01 091649.jpg
Screenshot 2022-07-01 091649.jpg (55.4 KiB) Viewed 5507 times

If you added the script to the script library it will now be available in the saved scripts list. If not you can copy and paste script here and run it but it will not save for next time if needed. Thus the global POSH manager which allows you to manage and create saved scripts and one liner commands

Screenshot 2022-07-01 091832.jpg
Screenshot 2022-07-01 091832.jpg (113.01 KiB) Viewed 5507 times

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Do not forget to edit the variables circled in red on the image above.

This should reflect your locations Shared drive setup as configured for the location the current agent is in.

eurgello

Post by eurgello »

Sorry I haven't had the chance to do this due to some urgent issues.

Thank you for this. I'll be trying this out next week.

I wanted to ask for instructions on how we could manually update our Habitat plugin in Automate? I was informed that it did the update automatically before but it doesn't seem to be the case at the moment.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Have a look at this, Its our guide on updating your payment method, What it will also show you is what your account should look like when you login to our portal.

viewtopic.php?t=6086

The second image shows the active subscriptions and the download links beside them. Selecting one of these links will download the latest version we have on file.

eurgello

Post by eurgello »

Thank you for that link.

As for installing the file, do we just run the installer in the Automate server?

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Visit this link to get how-to upgrade plugins

https://www.plugins4automate.com/pages/ ... to-labtech

eurgello

Post by eurgello »

I just did the powershell script and result was OK.
1.jpg
1.jpg (45.18 KiB) Viewed 5462 times
But I checked the shared folder and it still doesn't have any of the application package.

Return to “Habitat”