Deleted CIm internal Monitors

This forum supports the ESX Host Health Monitor plugin. When posting post screenshots of issues and any script and command logs listed in the probe consoles.
frankbe

Deleted CIm internal Monitors

Post by frankbe »

Hi,

i deleted the Monitors - how can i recreate them ? In the Plugin i can not check Enable Alerting, it disappears,when i click refresh

Regards

Cubert

Re: Deleted CIm internal Monitors

Post by Cubert »

Can you post your build version?

Also just to be sure, can you restart the dbagent and refresh the console login and try again. We seen Automate cache settings before in other plugins so want t rule that out.

frankbe

Post by frankbe »

I have 5.0.0.3

But there's definitly something wrong. I have this plugin once time in the plugin manager, but twice in tools
i did database restart and cache reload
before i deleted the internal monitors i had 6 of them 3 and 3 - and they did not work

I would remove and reinstall the plugin, but don't want to setup the esx server again.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Ok then you have a issue that needs to be fixed.

See this post:
viewtopic.php?t=5521

Basically you have 2 or more plugins in plugin manager that say they are plugin XYZ but has had the "dll" file overwritten by the plugin manager during a upgrade.

If you do not select the plugin to upgrade before applying an upgrade then Automates plugin manager will pop up a message that looks just like the "Plugin update completed" but actually says "GUID is a mismatch should you proceed" Both pop ups are of same size and has the same "OK and "Cancel" buttons. So you end up not really reading the pop up and it overwrites plugin XYZ with ESXs dll file.

Next DBagent reload and the XYZ plugin loads ESX, then ESX loads ESX and then you now have 2 ESX dll running and as such duplicate plugins.

So to fix disable plugins one by one until the duplicate stops loading. Then delete that plugin from plugin manager and reload it from file or from solutions center.

frankbe

Post by frankbe »

thank you, i found it.
Now there's only one esx helth monitor and the 3 CIM Monitors are created

- but i still cannot check the checkbox enable alerts - after refresh the checkmark is gone

addition:

setting the checkmark in "enable alerts" creates or deletes the 3 internal Monitors, but the checkmark is always off, when leaving the plugin and reopen it. Maybe a bug ?

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

that's the caching result we seen in past. Data is being set, monitors added or deleted but display shows off on refresh. I'll have a look to see if we introduced anything to cause that.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

We had a chance to get this in front of the dev team projects to have a look. There looks to be an issue with a string to integer conversion that was causing the odd behavior. Sometimes a one (1) can be more than a one.

Anyhow we are releasing build 5.0.0.4 today that fixes this issue. You can update via the software download link in your account portals or download it here.

https://delivery.shopifyapps.com/-/7e9c ... 5874ddbe5d

Return to “VMWare ESX Host Health Monitor”