Set Global Policy

Patch Remedy 5 is the next generation of the Plugins4Automate Patch Remedy family of products.
This forum is used to support Patch Remedy 5 only, if your using a previous version of Patch Remedy please see the forum for that version below.
Inside you will find the documentation project for the plugin were you can get insights on how to operate and use Patch Remedy 5.
peafour

Set Global Policy

Post by peafour »

Hi, is there a way to set the default behavior per client to disable the OS and Auto Updates? We just started using PR and I don't want it to go buck wild right off the bat updating everything all over the place. Right now I'm manually going through checking boxes, wondering if there's a better way to do this that I'm missing.

Cubert

Re: Set Global Policy

Post by Cubert »

Yes there is both a per client and per agent "default" setting. Well actually the default goes to client setting, agent setting is literal.

viewtopic.php?t=5956

Here is how it works.

At the client view, if you select to check PR Auto Updates and PR OS Upgrades check boxes, it will set (at this moment) all agent under client to these settings. If you see at the client view that these check boxes remain checked as you come in and out of plugin then that means all agents are still set to same settings.

But, if at anytime you go to the agent view in plugin and modify just 1 agent differently from clients setting the client will no longer conform to all agents share same setting and at the client level the check box will no longer show checked.

This means you are able to modify any agent to do what you want and that will control whether or not the visual check box is more a status of client. If checked all agent share same settings if not then agents may have different settings from each other. No options are wrong. the check box at client view denotes client wide status for that scan type.

If you go to each client and check all boxes then nothing will run on that client at all. I would check everything but the "Patch Remedy". This will allow the passive scans to collect agent data but will preform not tasks against the agents. This will get the plugin data populating so you can get patch counts and percentages forming.

Like so:

disable-services-client-control.PNG
disable-services-client-control.PNG (4.2 KiB) Viewed 1352 times

This setting will allow the scans across client but all agents will be (are) set to no PR patching or OS upgrades.

Return to “Patch Remedy 5”