Installed PR5, Had PR4 Before, Still Appears to be PR4?

Patch Remedy 5 is the next generation of the Plugins4Automate Patch Remedy family of products.
This forum is used to support Patch Remedy 5 only, if your using a previous version of Patch Remedy please see the forum for that version below.
Inside you will find the documentation project for the plugin were you can get insights on how to operate and use Patch Remedy 5.
TenaciousZ

Installed PR5, Had PR4 Before, Still Appears to be PR4?

Post by TenaciousZ »

hello - just getting started with PR5 today, and I ran it as a new install first in Automate. Well, it asked me, "Oh, would you like to update the plug-in to this version instead?" I agreed, and then did all the refresh/close and reopen/etc. to go live with it, but it still had the aesthetic appearance of PR4. I thought that something was "off," so I removed PR4 entirely, installed PR5 again, did all the proper things again (refreshes/complete closes and reopens), but it's still showing the version running as 1.0.4.49, with the original motif to the window.

What am I missing here? What can I do to get it to *truly* update here...?

Thanks in advance!

TenaciousZ

Re: Installed PR5, Had PR4 Before, Still Appears to be PR4?

Post by TenaciousZ »

Thanks for the reply via email on this one! I figured I'd post the fix for that issue here for all to see who might run into it:
----------
Disable the plugin first then remove the plugin from the plugin manager.

Next, on both the Automate host and on your workstations delete the following folders:(Don't worry when you relaunch the Control Center app it recreates these files from the database.)

C:\ProgramData\Labtech Plugins\"name of your host"

On Automate host find this file and remove it as well:
C:\Program Files\LabTech\Plugins\patchremedy.dll

Now restart the DBagent on the Automate host. This will cause the DBagent to reload all Dlls from the database and place any missing DLLs back in the folder you removed them from on the server side.

Now that the plugin is safely unloaded and gone. We can reinstall fresh.

Close and reopen your Control center fresh and make sure the DLL is unlocked before launching the plugin manager. Add it to the plugin manager as a new plugin. The plugin manager may ask you to restart the DBagent. Select yes but be prepared to do it again just for good measure. Sometimes the request fails and it does not restart. By opening the services windows you can confirm a restart. (I also just closed/reopened Automate at this stage, just out of an abundance of caution-Z)

Afterwards launch the new plugin from the tools menu. NOTE: There is no longer a client or location tab for Patch Remedy 5.
----------

Worked perfectly for me! :D

Cubert

Re: Installed PR5, Had PR4 Before, Still Appears to be PR4?

Post by Cubert »

Awesome!

Return to “Patch Remedy 5”