Automate or Labtech

Support and questions for using and managing Chocolatey NuGet inside of Labtech
Dawid_FS

Automate or Labtech

Post by Dawid_FS »

Hello,

I recently purchased Chocolatey for labtech but I have issues enabling it. My question is if this one could be used with Automate as well or only with Labtech, if not is there is the only option for unlimited agents within automate or I could get this one with price per agent?

Cubert

Re: Automate or Labtech

Post by Cubert »

You have 4 options for Chocolatey when it comes to plugins from us. All versions of plugins will work with all versions of Automate or Labtech.

#1 Chocolatey For Labtech was our first plugin and it was designed to have as much control over deployments and updates as possible. Lots of configurations and areas to exclude items and settings on a per agent bases. It is licensed as a per agent subscription.

#2 Chocolatey for Automate was out second plugin and it was designed to be much easier to understand and less complex. This plugin is offered as all you can eat for a single Automate host.

#3 App Genie - this plugin was designed to be the most simplistic, It looks at what you have installed and manages that using Chocolatey. This is all so a all you can eat for one automate host.

#4 Habitat - My personal favorite. It's Application Manager deploys pieces of Chocolatey for Automate and App Genie together with a smart caching system to gain the most value from the community Chocolatey Repositories. If you want to go enterprise with your Chocolatey management then this plugin is for you. Nice thing about Habitat is you get 29 other plugins included into Habitat. For the money it is the absolute best deal.

That's what we have to offer for Chocolatey.

Dawid_FS

Post by Dawid_FS »

So, from what I understand Chocolatey for Labtech should work with my Automate. Then in that case I have an issue using it. I restarted the server, database agent but when I try to open it I get an error message( see attached file).

How I can fix this ?
Plugin error
Plugin error
error message.PNG (6.17 KiB) Viewed 6020 times

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

You said you rebooted the Automate Server? Or did you restart the Control Center Console? When the Labtech/Automate DBagent is restarted, it is instructed to do the following as seen below. It shows tables to see if table exists, if not it creates them. Make sure a Restart of the DBagent has successfully happened.

This error appears when the following query fails.

SELECT * FROM `plugin_sw_chocolateyii_approved_apps`

To see if table exists

Code: Select all

SHOW TABLES LIKE 'plugin_sw_chocolateyii_approved_apps';

To create the table we execute in SQL

CREATE TABLE `plugin_sw_chocolateyii_approved_apps` (  `id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,  `Application` varchar(245) NOT NULL,  `AppCMD` varchar(245) DEFAULT NULL,  `Image` mediumblob,  `Source` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL,  `SourceName` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL,  `SourceUser` varchar(64) DEFAULT NULL,  `SourcePass` varchar(145) DEFAULT NULL, `AsAdmin` INT(2) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,  PRIMARY KEY (`id`)) ENGINE=InnoDB AUTO_INCREMENT=35 DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;
If table exists try adding an approved application to apps list. See if that works or fails.
Post back your findings here.

If you are hosted then you will need to download a SQL access tool or request from support to validate the table listed above.

Should also verify that these tables exist
plugin_sw_chocolateyii_global_config
plugin_sw_chocolateyii_client_config
plugin_sw_chocolateyii_system_config
plugin_sw_chocolateyii_logs
plugin_sw_chocolateyii_installed_apps
plugin_sw_chocolateyii_excluded_apps
plugin_sw_chocolateyii_computer_options
plugin_sw_chocolateyii_client_excludes

Should also now have scripts added to Automate scripts\maintenance folder.
Chocolatey For LabTech Maintenance Service
Chocolatey For LabTech Installer

Dawid_FS

Post by Dawid_FS »

Hello,

So I checked the database and all mentioned tables are created:
plugin_sw_chocolateyii_global_config
plugin_sw_chocolateyii_client_config
plugin_sw_chocolateyii_system_config
plugin_sw_chocolateyii_logs
plugin_sw_chocolateyii_installed_apps
plugin_sw_chocolateyii_excluded_apps
plugin_sw_chocolateyii_computer_options
plugin_sw_chocolateyii_client_excludes
also I checked content of

plugin_sw_chocolateyii_approved_apps
and this is a content of it:
id Application AppCMD Image
------ ------------------- ----------------------- --------
1 Flash Player flashplayerplugin (NULL)
2 Google Chrome googlechrome (NULL)
3 Java 8 javaruntime (NULL)
4 Mozilla Firefox firefox (NULL)
5 NotePad ++ notepadplusplus.install (NULL)
6 7Zip 7zip.install (NULL)
7 Adobe Reader adobereader (NULL)
8 VLC Media Player vlc (NULL)
9 CCleaner ccleaner (NULL)
10 AutoHotkey autohotkey.portable (NULL)
11 Skype skype (NULL)
12 Filezilla filezilla (NULL)
13 Putty Client putty (NULL)
14 DropBox dropbox (NULL)
15 Process Explorer procexp (NULL)
16 Adobe Shockwave adobeshockwaveplayer (NULL)
17 cURL curl (NULL)
18 Wget wget (NULL)
19 MalwareBytes malwarebytes (NULL)
20 Mozilla Thunderbird thunderbird (NULL)
21 Adobe Air adobeair (NULL)
22 QuickTime quicktime (NULL)
Also, scripts are created under Automate scripts\maintenance folder.

When I restarted the database and whole Labtech/Automate server there is still the same error popping up.

Please advise.

Dawid_FS

Post by Dawid_FS »

Hello,

Can I get any help with this?
Please advise.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

From what your showing me there should be no reason that pop up should be triggered. You should be happily on your way.

Let me have a poke at the code and see if there is some other issue that could fail that would force that pop up. Give me 24 hours to review it and I will have something for you.

On a side note, You were interested in PFSense for Labtech, the new PFSense Manager plugin is about ready. We are going to release it in beta in the next couple of days if I can get the last few tweaks in to it. Then it will expand over the next 30 days to include the functionality and control expected of it. While in beta we are allowing you to help define the features as you use it so it makes a useful tool.

The new forum is up and the document project for the PFSense manager has been started.

viewforum.php?f=78

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Dawid_FS wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:29 pm Hello,

Can I get any help with this?
Please advise.

The pop up that produces this error value "It appears that the LT DBagent ..." is actually in 3 places. I was under the assumption it was just one place.

So I need you to provide me with 3 screen shots if you would.

# 1 The Main View, Does pop up happen here?

#Client Console, does the popup show up here when this tab is viewed?

#Agent Console, does the pop up show up here when this tab is viewed?

If you truly had a DB issue then the pop up will show in all 3 areas. If only one of the 3 areas are causing this pop up then we are most likely having a piece of bad data causing a failure in either a loop or data assignments. Something like a non standard char or negative value.

Dawid_FS

Post by Dawid_FS »

Hello,

This error only shows up when I open the main console or try to refresh it:
main view.PNG
main view.PNG (84.87 KiB) Viewed 5828 times
In the client window there is no reaction :
client console.PNG
client console.PNG (329.34 KiB) Viewed 5828 times
In agent console it's just empty :
agent console.PNG
agent console.PNG (114.15 KiB) Viewed 5828 times
Please let me know if you need any other informations.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

When you say
This error only shows up when I open the main console or try to refresh it
You are referring to going to the Tools Menu and launching the Chocolatey Global Management tool. I want to make sure we are on the same page.

The agent page would be accurate if Agent has not deployed Chocolatey yet.

The client page looks to not be loading at all. Those are not our gauges. So you may also be having an issue there as well.

Are you a super admin of your environment? This will help us determine a possible permissions issue during review

Have you logged out and launched the Control Center as "Run as Administrator"? This will help make sure that the plugins DLLs are all up to date with what the Automate host currently has and your PC.

Lastly is this all consoles you company may use? Do you have multiple techs/engineers and are all of them seeing the same results?

Return to “Chocolatey For Labtech”