Permissions to Use Patch Remedy

The documentation project is a set of posts designed to describe in great detail how the plugin operates and how you can manage the plugin inside ConnectWise Automate.
Cubert

Permissions to Use Patch Remedy

Post by Cubert »

In order for you to be able to use Patch Remedy 5 You will need to either be a Super Admin for the Automate host or have the "Patch Remedy" user group added to your user profile. Have the User log out and back in to get the new permissions.

tmorton@gcti.com

Re: Permissions to Use Patch Remedy

Post by tmorton@gcti.com »

Hopefully I am placing this in the correct place...

We just purchased a new subscription and I installed the plugin as described and have also rebooted the server.

I am a Super Admin and I have also put myslef in the Patch Remdy security group, however, I am still getting the error that I do not have permission to use Patch Remedy.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-08-02 185650.jpg
Screenshot 2023-08-02 185650.jpg (88.75 KiB) Viewed 2083 times

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

You will need one of the two user classes applied to the user in question. Log out and back into Control Center to apply any changes to permissions.

Super Admin is a built in default user class and Patch Remedy is an added user class just for Patch Remedy non super user users.. You can have one or the other or both in your class list and it should allow access to your plugin

Screenshot 2023-08-03 091200.png
Screenshot 2023-08-03 091200.png (57.41 KiB) Viewed 2076 times

Can you verify settings with a screenshot?

tmorton@gcti.com

Post by tmorton@gcti.com »

I figured out what the issue was. Even though I was part of the groups that had access to PR, I was getting the permissions from AD security groups.

As soon as I removed the AD groups from my user and manually put the groups in my user from Automate/Users, i was able to login and see PR as it should be.

Thank you for your reply!

-T

Return to “Documentation Project”