This forum is used to support the BitLocker for Automate plugin. You will find documentation on the plugin as well as an area to post issues and requests. Please post
abelsolutions

Post by abelsolutions »

I have gone through several computers, checked they are online in automate. Tried to setup a protector and it says the computer is offline.

I have refreshed the volume information to make sure they can talk. And it responds that it can, but when I attempt to install the protector, it says the computer is offline.
bitlocker plugin.JPG
bitlocker plugin.JPG (63.71 KiB) Viewed 1402 times

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Hmm,

Seems we are not getting good values sent to the Terminal. The log message should read "Computer Name is currently offline" but the computer name is missing. This means that most likely if name was not passed that ID was also not passed. So when we tested to see if ID X has checked in recently the test fails.

So that's what I see from this image.

Now the ID and name are passed to the "Add Protector" control when selecting to add a new protector.

Now if you look at the add protector form. The Name, Drive and size fields are blank.

We get this data from the SQL database when form opens if you are passing the computerID to us correctly. So I suspect that the query has failed, most likely because computerID was not passed correctly to form.

SO if the Add protector form is not getting the computer ID correctly then there is an issue with us matching the driveID to a agent.

When you select a given drive to add the protector to it, we query the drive information before sending you to the Add protector form.

Code: Select all

Select ComputerID from Drives WHERE DriveID = '{0}' LIMIT 1
{0} represents the drive ID you selected from drive list to add protector to.

This is how we reacquire the ComputerID we pass to the Add protector form. I believe this is most likely the actual fail point.

We can test this by seeing what the Drive ID's return. Reverse the code to get all drive ID for a computer ID

Code: Select all

Select DriveID from Drives WHERE ComputerID = '{0}' LIMIT 1
Run this in SQLYOG changing {0} to the ID of the computer agent in question.

See all the ID's returned. Do any look odd compared to the others or is blank.

Another good test to try is select another drive from the agent drives and select to add protector. You don't need to actually add the protector but you do want to look at the Name, Drive and size text fields to see if the drive and agent data is showing up. If so this means the queries succeeded and you "could add" a protector successfully if wanted.

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (55.47 KiB) Viewed 1398 times

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

I see your new to the forums, Is this a new install of BitLocker? Have you had a chance to restart the DBagent on the Automate host? Then close and relaunch your Control Center consoles?

I know its a dumb question but sometimes the obvious is overlooked.

Return to “BitLocker for Automate”