One Drive status

Support forums for the Habitat Automate plugin
jamiep87

One Drive status

Post by jamiep87 »

Can anyone tell me what the One Drive status "<ERROR> Status not found for type" or "<ERROR> No status text found" means? Every agent that has a Share Point site linked shows one of these 2 statues. Does this just mean no errors were found? The personal one drive will show green.

Cubert

Re: One Drive status

Post by Cubert »

The method to monitor the status of one drive is a bit involved.

When it runs a scan, it looks to verify that a user is active. Then to get a true status, a user needs to be logged in to OneDrive.

There are times when one drive does not have a local status indication or user is not logged in so error to retrieve status is given.

jamiep87

Post by jamiep87 »

Seems weird that every single one has one of those 2 errors though. And its only the Sharepoint ones and its 100% of them. Like i said the personal syncs show green and have a status.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Post the log outputs from a agent in question, Lets see what the script is returning.. I'll have a peek and see if this is a response we missed.

jamiep87

Post by jamiep87 »

Sorry for sounding dumb, what logs are you needing? Export from the commands tab or the lterrors?

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Sorry for the long wait on reply,

Seems CW support is really booked up as we have a license issue with our development Automate host, so I can not currently grab a screen shot of where you need to look at the moment.

So you will have to deal with just a explanation of where to go.

All automation preformed by Automate will typically result in one or more logs being produced in either the Scripts Log or Commands Log.

These logs are seen in the agents console by right clicking the "Gear" at the top of the agent console and from the context menu select scripts or commands.

This will open up a viewer for the current logs from either scripts or commands. Inside you will see logs from all automation and any manual tasks you maybe pushing down to agent. You will need to filter through the logs to find the ones generated by the Habitat OneDrive script. When you run scripts on an agent it tends to convert into different commands being passed to agent. So where there is a script log there will most likely be a commands log that follows the same timeframe as script run.

So if script says it getting some data you can expect to see a command being executed where data is being returned to script. You should see this return being logged in commands log.

If the return looks like valid data then there maybe a data to SQL conversion failure. It the data is actually an error notice, example being, script tries to create file in non existence directory would result in a "no directory available" as a return instead of "OK"

So when OneDrive scanner runs it will produce a script log and a commands log for the time period that it ran. Copy all the returns received from script and commands and paste them here for us to review. Then we can see what its returning and either fix bug or see that there is more to issue.

jamiep87

Post by jamiep87 »

Thanks i just sent you a PM with the log output for that command.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Got it thanks.

Ok so you are getting data which means the plugins is working fine. The issue is with the PowerShell Module we use to query OneDrive status.

We use a module called OneDriveLib.dll available here on GitHub.

https://github.com/rodneyviana/ODSyncSe ... neDriveLib

Currently this module is reporting one of its issues as being a problem confirming SharePoint drives.

https://github.com/rodneyviana/ODSyncService/issues/33

The obscure way the module goes about acquiring the status is interesting in that they look for a particular image file in tool tray to be present. Based on this image the status is determined. I am going to pull down the source on this module and have a peek further into the insides of it to see if we can modify it.

Can you post what a common One Drive images is showing and if you mouse over it what it's help display line pops up.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (6.19 KiB) Viewed 1944 times
I need the actual text as I think he maybe text matching here to produce response.

jamiep87

Post by jamiep87 »

I dont want to list the name of the customer but when i mouse over the blue cloud it shows "OneDrive - SHAREPOINTNAME up to date. So this would vary from client to client we have since they all have different sharepoint names.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Gotcha , Thanks.

Return to “Habitat”