Need to Reinstall Plugin From Scratch & Troubleshoot Alarms Not Working

This plugin monitors local admin group for changes and alerts admins when changes have been made.
Dmyers

Need to Reinstall Plugin From Scratch & Troubleshoot Alarms Not Working

Post by Dmyers »

We have used the ADMON plugin for a few years but have never gotten the plugin to properly alert us if a local administrator was changed.

I wanted to remove the plugin completely and reinstall from scratch in order to get a fresh slate. I deleted the scripts, monitors, and dropped the related CWA DB table for the plugin. After all of this I removed the plugin and restarted our DB agent.

I installed the plugin again but the scripts did not get back into CWA.

I need help getting the scripts back into CWA and making sure the plugin is working as expected with a fresh start. If anyone has any tips for getting the alerting to work as well thanks for that in advance.

Cubert

Re: Need to Reinstall Plugin From Scratch & Troubleshoot Alarms Not Working

Post by Cubert »

To uninstall everything.

Disable the plugin first then delete it in the plugin manager console.

Find and delete the Admon Maintenance Service script which is typically found in /scripts/maintenance/ folder inside the script viewer of Automate.

Next drop all the SQL tables the plugin created.

Code: Select all

DROP TABLE plugin_sw_admon_users;
DROP TABLE plugin_sw_admon_monitor;
DROP TABLE plugin_sw_admon_config;
DROP TABLE plugin_sw_admon_alerts;

After all this restart the DBagent on host to clear out the old plugin instructions.

This should remove the product from the environment but will leave behind the actual DLL files of the plugin in the cache of the tech computers. to remove this go to the following directory and find your instance of the RMM. Inside the sub folder of the RMM will be an ADMON.dll file that can be safely removed.
C:\ProgramData\Labtech Plugins\
You can also clear the Plugin_Admon.txt log file from the RMM HOST by deleting the the file from the following directory.
C:\Program Files\LabTech\Logs
This should clear the admon from the system as if it was never there.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

The automation service will place any found issues in the plugin_sw_admon_alerts table then schedule the maintenance script to react to this alert with alarms and tickets if needed.

You can also use this same table to look for alarms to pop up.

You can create scripts and internal monitors that will alert , alarm, email, ticket or do some action on agent when alert is seen.

Dmyers

Post by Dmyers »

I was able to recreate everything but am not getting alerts on admins being added after checking the box at the client level. I'm confused overall in the script looking at it how it is supposed to get to the else section in general to perform any type of alerting.

So at least we're back to having admins listed but still need to get information as to how to alert and open a ticket

Dmyers

Post by Dmyers »

still looking for help with this.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

The CW automation sends script schedule requests down to the enabled agents with function commands. These commands will determine what part of the script will be executed.

The internal CW Automation will compare the stored admins to what is currently being returned. if there is an addition or a admin missing then that agent will get the script scheduled with (ticket, alarm and or fix). If you monitor the Automate logs on the host at C:\Program Files\LabTech\Logs\plugin_Admon.txt

This will log all automation attempts.

Return to “ADMON Administrators Group Monitor plugin”