PatchRemedy not loading, existing help not effective

Support and question forum for Patch Remedy 4 WUA plugin for LabTech. This plugin was retired on 06/01/2022. All new Patch Remedy 5 is now the current plugin. This forum is for retaining the old posts for Patch Remedy 4.
NCCShipley

PatchRemedy not loading, existing help not effective

Post by NCCShipley »

Hi all, PatchRemedy is not loading for us. Following the troubleshooting in If Patch Remedy fails to launch http://support.plugins4labtech.com/view ... f=7&t=5659 we are led to the lt client log file. I see this issue:

"MESSAGE="Observed unhandled dispatcher exception: PatchRemedy InitializeComponent Could not load file or assembly 'DevExpress.XtraCharts.v12.2, Version=12.2.17.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b88d1754d700e49a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Could not load file or assembly 'DevExpress.XtraCharts.v12.2, Version=12.2.17.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b88d1754d700e49a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.""

As indicated, I downloaded the DevExpress library and put it into my LT Client folder, then relaunched the Control Center. Still the same error in my LT Client log file. any help?

Cubert

Re: PatchRemedy not loading, existing help not effective

Post by Cubert »

Did you try the executable?

In that post there is the zip to download the dll directly and a zip to run installer. The installer adds a few items to PATH and environment so that the dlls are seen.

NCCShipley

Post by NCCShipley »

Thank you, been using Janus Tech to help me with Automate and setting up plugins etc in the past, this is my first experience using support in the forums. I definitely glossed over the reply to initial thread and did not pick up that Cubert is associated with/is a coder for the software :) After trying the installation for DXperience-12.2.17.zip, I get this error in the installer:

Cannot register types for eXpressAppFramework assembly

Looking at my antivirus, there are no logged events from things being blocked (Sophos Intercept X Advanced with EDR).
Nothing in my Windows Application or System logs are referencing the installation
Tried to "Save Logs" but it didn't write a file

NCCShipley

Post by NCCShipley »

.... but PatchRemedy does open now

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Gremlins I tell ya! They hide in the wires..

Return to “Patch Remedy for LabTech (Patch Remedy 4) Retired”