Plugin has only found 3 out of 9 Linux agent?

This forums is to discuss issues and features of the Linux update Manager plugin for LabTech RMM
Cubert

Plugin has only found 3 out of 9 Linux agent?

Post by Cubert »

How do i issue the scan to add hosts to the LUM inventory? It has found 3 out of 9 Linux agents so far.

Twice a day the automation checks for any “linux” agent and tries to schedule a script on “online” linux agents. It does this by querying the database like so

Select ComputerID FROM computers WHERE LastContact > date_add(now(),interval -5 minute) and OS LIKE '%linux%'

This query looks for agents that have checked in in the last 5 minutes that linux in there OS.

So if you only have 3 agents showing then the causes are one of 3 issues.

#1 Agent offline at scan time
#2 Script failure, see agent script logs for logged outputs
#3 The agents OS does not contain the word “linux” in it.

#3 would be an oddity for sure.

So I would first make sure all linux agents in question are online and checking in. Then I would open the agent console and review the scripts log to see if script was scheduled and if so what its outputs are.

If you have access to your Automate Host (On Prem) then you also have access to Automation logs from plugin.

C:\Program Files\LabTech\Logs directory houses the log files for all plugins. Find the file Plugin_Linux UpdateManager.txt to see what Automation is doing and to what agents it does it to.

Return to “Linux Update Manager”