ImportError: No module named yaml (Error 10061, connection refused from GUI)

This forum supports the ESX Host Health Monitor plugin. When posting post screenshots of issues and any script and command logs listed in the probe consoles.
scw_emay

ImportError: No module named yaml (Error 10061, connection refused from GUI)

Post by scw_emay »

Hello! First post but we've been using ESX Health Monitor plugin for years now. Have had a few hiccups here and there but we have been able to work through them all.

Last week, we updated three ESX hosts--all HPE Proliant Gen 9 ML350--to 6.7 U3 and the plugin stopped working for each of them.

CIM is enabled (as it had been). I've re-installed Python w/ AV disabled on the probe. I've tried a different computer as probe. I've even copied over a working C:\Python27 folder from a working probe to a now-failing probe and each time I run the test:

C:\Python27\Python.exe -W ignore C:\Python27\check_esxi_hardware.py -v -H hostIP -U root -P "ThePassword"

from the probe I get either the "no module named yaml" *or* "pywbem.exceptions.ConnectionError: Socket error: [Errno 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it"

Is there a Python27 offline installer available to test with? Any help is appreciated! Thanks

scw_emay

Re: ImportError: No module named yaml (Error 10061, connection refused from GUI)

Post by scw_emay »

So these three hosts have been upgraded from 6.0 to 6.5 to 6.7 and were initially loaded with a custom HPE ESXi 6.0 image.

I reloaded one host with a clean install to 6.7U3 (non-hpe) and it immediately started reporting to the esx health monitor once properly configured.

Something in the multiple upgrades and/or the old custom HPE ESXi 6.0 image + multiple upgrades sent something sideways.

Cubert

Re: ImportError: No module named yaml (Error 10061, connection refused from GUI)

Post by Cubert »

Yeap, We were going to say, If a probe is working and you change ESX and probe stops working then do not modify the probe as it is set to function as designed but look into CIM services on ESX to verify permissions and functionality as thats where the issues will lie.

Return to “VMWare ESX Host Health Monitor”