Habitat Stalled Agents Tool

Detailed descriptions and imagery explaining each tool available inside Habitat. Feel free to post feature requests under each tools forum post if you would like to see something added or changed in the tools.
Cubert

Re: Habitat Stalled Agents Tool

Post by Cubert »

This is on the short list. Should be updates out shortly for this.

mbeaudet

Post by mbeaudet »

Hi, thank you for your product. I understand how tab work (if online in CWAutomate but not in CWControl etc.)
How know if the ScreenConnect tab work great?
I have a computer (my computer), this computer is Online in CWAutomate but Offline in CWControl (i have stopped services for test). You can view in my screen capture.
Why my computer do not appear in "Offline SC Agents"?
My configuration is good?
view capture, my CWA and CWC is on the same server hosted by CW)

Thank you so much
Attachments
5.png
5.png (176.97 KiB) Viewed 7619 times
4.png
4.png (236.5 KiB) Viewed 7619 times
3.png
3.png (55.65 KiB) Viewed 7619 times
2.png
2.png (148 KiB) Viewed 7619 times
1.png
1.png (104.83 KiB) Viewed 7619 times

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

As I went to write this response, I was going to have you walk through the different queries and executions that provide that information to the plugin to see where you maybe going south. In that process I just happened to come to a point in the code where it makes the request and I didn't see the "Origin" header in the request.

We hell that's not right! So it appears you may have found a bug. I am fixing that now and will make sure its part of 1.0.1.15 which is due out tomorrow.

Thank you for the detailed description and screenshots, it makes sure we zero in on the issues much faster. Bravo!

vbois

Post by vbois »

Cubert wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:15 pm After a quick review, I see that we are not taking out the Offlice SC agents from this list so you are correct in what your seeing.

I will look in to that.

Thanks for the support, If you are getting value and time back the we have succeeded in our goal! Thank you.
Has this ever been resolved? We just installed the plugin and are seeing the same problem. Offline LT agents shows ALL offline agents, while the Offline SC Agents is correctly filtered for agents that are online in LabTech.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

I am not sure I follow you? Can you post a screenshot?

If you are looking at the offline LT agents tab and see a list of agents there. They have either a red dot or a green dot by system name. If red dot the agent has been offline over 24 hours, if green dot, agent been offline under 24 hours.

Are you saying you are seeing all your agents listed here or non of your agents listed here?

Or are all agents listed as all red dots, or green dots, or a mix of both?

vbois

Post by vbois »

The "Offline Computers" dataview shows 253 offline computers.

The Stalled Agent Manager shows 257 "Offline" LT Agents. Since these are very similar numbers, I am let to believe they are very similar lists, perhaps with the Stalled Agent Manager being more up to date as the dataview is relying on the built-in inventory polling.

However, according to your post it seems that the Stalled Agent Manager should only be showing machines that are ONLINE in Screenconnect despite being offline in Labtech. Thus indicating a problem with the agent, as opposed to the computer simply being offline.
Cubert wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:37 pm Tab 2 = Agents offline in LT but Online in SC so they are not really offline...
Another user pointed out this discrepency
jlester wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:36 pm Looks like our Tab 2 is still showing all offline LT agents, regardless of their status in SC. Tab 3 seems to be working great!

Looks like we're on 1.0.0.46. Are there any logs I can pull to see what's going on? The latest entry in Plugin_Habitat_Errors.txt is the following, and it doesn't seem to be correlated with opening up Stalled Agents:

6/25/2020 12:00:41 PM SetSQLYou have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1:::

More importantly, since this is my first time posting, I just want to say how much I appreciate you & all your work! We use these plugins daily, they're a real time saver. Worth every penny!
And it seems that it is indeed a bug:
Cubert wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:15 pm After a quick review, I see that we are not taking out the Offlice SC agents from this list so you are correct in what your seeing.

I will look in to that.

Thanks for the support, If you are getting value and time back the we have succeeded in our goal! Thank you.
I do not see any further updates on this issue and the behavior seems to remain unchanged so I am a bit confused as to which way it is supposed to work. Unfortunately if this is simply a view of all offline agents then it seems to have limited utility as the hope was to identify agents that are potentially online despite not reporting in Labtech.

Thank you for your response!
Attachments
stalled agents.png
stalled agents.png (9.86 KiB) Viewed 2209 times
offline computers.png
offline computers.png (6.66 KiB) Viewed 2209 times

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

The view has not changed. I will have to go chase someone down here to get that updated. The 2 objects exist in the plugin view (tab2 / tab3) so it should be a easy if list "a" is not in list "b" then display in view in tab2..

Give me a few days

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

OK didn't need a few days, we had a little time last night to tinker with the code and now have the LTOffline Agents view removing any Offline SC agents from list.

Habitat build 1.0.1.42 in now available.

https://delivery.shopifyapps.com/-/24d5 ... c11a0651c0

But, here is the thing...

For this to work as expected we first have to acquire from the SC server at list of SC agent IDs that are currently offline. We then compare the SC Agent ID against known Agent SC Session IDs in Automate. If we have a match then the agent is offline in both systems and is excluded from the list.

If SC connection is not working then the list will revert back to all LT offline agents. The reason is the excluded list we receive from SC server will have been null and so we would exclude null agents from Offline LT Agent list.

It will also take a little longer for the views to fully load as second view is now dependent on the first view completing its queries(first).

Let me know if you have any issues with it, Enjoy!

jlester

Post by jlester »

Hey Cubert, we're still getting the old behavior in Habitat 1.0.1.42. I believe our SC connection is solid (just needs a minor update). Any tips or logs we can look at?
Screenshot 2024-03-19 100130.png
Screenshot 2024-03-19 100130.png (157.18 KiB) Viewed 74 times
Screenshot 2024-03-19 100015.png
Screenshot 2024-03-19 100015.png (57.87 KiB) Viewed 74 times

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Do you have the RMM+ plugin installed on your ScreenConnect server as an Extention? And it is configured in plugin correctly?

I see where we show 301 agents offline and you show 299 agents offline. A 3 agent disparity

Return to “Habitat Documentation Forum”