ESXI Health Monitor SQL fail

This forum supports the ESX Host Health Monitor plugin. When posting post screenshots of issues and any script and command logs listed in the probe consoles.
Cubert

ESXI Health Monitor SQL fail

Post by Cubert »

The Health Monitor Host Status keeps disabling itself (this was working fine when I first installed). I get the below error when running the SQL query.
1.png
1.png (8.75 KiB) Viewed 7372 times

And!!

2) – I have added some VM hosts but a few of them come back with no status
2.png
2.png (2.63 KiB) Viewed 7372 times

Cubert

Re: ESXI Health Monitor SQL fail

Post by Cubert »

The host health status monitor is 1 of 3 internal monitor setup when you elect to monitor the VMware plugin.

It uses a RAW SQL query to look for stale host check ins (ESX Hosts not responding to probes)
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (38.94 KiB) Viewed 7371 times

Here is that SQL query to run outside of monitor

Code: Select all

Select p.Status as TestValue, p.ESXHost as IDentityField,  p.ProbeID as ComputerID, acd.NoAlerts, acd.UpTimeStart, acd.UpTimeEnd FROM plugin_p4l_vmware_healthmon_hosts p LEFT JOIN AgentComputerData acd ON (p.ProbeID = acd.computerid) LEFT JOIN computers c on p.ProbeID = c.ComputerID WHERE p.Status  NOT LIKE 'OK%'
Place this in SQL editor and run it. Does this produce that error you show above?

If not then look at RAW SQL for monitor and see if it matches what you see here. Is there any missing or added pieces of SQL?

Cubert

Re: ESXI Health Monitor SQL fail

Post by Cubert »

Now for issue number 2,

A grey symbol denotes a probe failure. mouse over icon for message to pop up with current error. What is that error?

Could be bad password for ESX Host
Could be bad username for ESX Host
Could be CIM service on ESXHost not responding
Could be ESX > 6.0 so CIM is administratively disabled on ESXHost and you will need to enable it.
Could be bad Probe install

so the error message will help you to answer which one it is.

Post error here and we can help decipher

Return to “VMWare ESX Host Health Monitor”