Admon - Administrator Group Monitor, missing many computers

This plugin monitors local admin group for changes and alerts admins when changes have been made.
dseawel

Admon - Administrator Group Monitor, missing many computers

Post by dseawel »

I have Admon plugin, version 1.0.0.94.
It is enabled on a Client that contains 107 computers.
Admon is only reporting results for 42 of the computers.
Any suggestions you can provide to resolve this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

Cubert

Re: Admon - Administrator Group Monitor, missing many computers

Post by Cubert »

Have a look on all agents for the admon script to be run. The script runs and collects the data then places data in the database where plugin reads data and says it sees xxx amount of computer IDs reporting in.

So if script runs on all 100 PCs and only 30 report back, look for errors in the returns of the script data or if the script failed to get scheduled on the agents.

A_Nimbus

Post by A_Nimbus »

I am having the same issue with Admon detecting full list of computers in a client location in automate.

We utilise the free version which worked fine up until 2 weeks ago.
I am unsure if its out dated or requires an update as I cannot see it in our solution centre. We currently utilize the free version.

Can someone assist? or point me in the right direct.
I reviewed the script that runs on each device and there are no errors.

Thanks

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Nope nothings changed with the plugin, I will have a look and see if there is some new issue that has arose due to CW updates.

A_Nimbus

Post by A_Nimbus »

Hi Cubert,

Thanks that would be great. I also deployed the addon to a new client site which has over 10 devices and admon only reporting 1 device in the admon admin page.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

The plugin only shows agents that have successfully scanned admin group. I have been working on this tool for the new Habitat plugin and have made some changes to how it operates to make it a better tool.

I will work to move those changes over to this plugin so that the process is improved.

If you want to see what the Habitat version looks like then see http://support.plugins4automate.com/vie ... ee04648c64

The new (LAGM) tool will be the next generation of the Admon tool. It lists all agents it should be scanning whether or not they have reported anything and allows you to force a scan directly from the agent list on any agent. There are several improvements planned for this tool moving forward.

A_Nimbus

Post by A_Nimbus »

Hi Cubert,

Thanks for your reply. I would implement the new solution shortly (before the end of the week) and advise on how its going. From reviewing the post am i right to think it will show all devices under the tenant even if the device has not been scanned?

In terms of making changes to logged in user accounts would it be the same as admon. eg applying admin rights to users logged into devices?

Thanks in advance

Return to “ADMON Administrators Group Monitor plugin”