Computer collection stopped

This plugin monitors local admin group for changes and alerts admins when changes have been made.
RVIVR

Computer collection stopped

Post by RVIVR »

I've installed this plugin a couple of days ago and let it run The only thing I changed was turning on "Monitor Any Additions To Admin Groups".
The first day I had 4 computers report in. On the second day, I had a total of 12 computers. Since then nothing else has reported in. The "Last Scan" on the computers that are currently in there change on the hour, so I know the function script is running.
I've tried a few different things. I've turned the monitor off. I've turned off scanning for the client. I've turned off scanning and the main switch as well. Nothing has been able to get more of the computers. I've read the pdf that comes with the download, but it didn't really give me any clear advice on how to stop "snapshot" mode and go back into "collection" mode. Thanks in advance.

RVIVR

Re: Computer collection stopped

Post by RVIVR »

Since my last post, I have installed Automate on 3 more computers and they were not reporting either. I turned off the Admon switch on the client page, turned it off globally, and disabled it on the Plugin Manager. I then restarted them all (plugin manager first, global switch, then the switch on the client). The 3 computers new computers are showing up in the Admon plugin report page, but the other computers that have been there prior to these 3 are not.

Does anyone have any ideas on what would cause this? All of the other computers are reporting fine in all other aspects.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

That is bizarre, Being not consistent for one client... Disabling plugin should have caused a DBagent reload which would of launched the scheduled scanner.

What is your scan interval? If agents are offline during a scan then this may remove them from the list. setting the interval to a low number causes more scans per day and should pickup any online agents.

RVIVR

Post by RVIVR »

Cubert wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:21 pm That is bizarre, Being not consistent for one client... Disabling plugin should have caused a DBagent reload which would of launched the scheduled scanner.

What is your scan interval? If agents are offline during a scan then this may remove them from the list. setting the interval to a low number causes more scans per day and should pickup any online agents.
Thanks. When I originally configured it, I set up the scan to run every hour. It's been running since early December like that and it seems like it picked up 12 devices at the beginning and then stopped. I had around 40 devices in the Automate group at that point. The weird thing is that it's slowly picking up computers as they're added to the group in Automate. I currently have 32 devices (out of 109 total in the group) scanned.

Do you know if there's a way to force the devices to report to Admon?

Return to “ADMON Administrators Group Monitor plugin”