Manual Schedules

This forum is for supporting the PFSense plugin and any internal scripts and services.
Daryl@PCSOL

Manual Schedules

Post by Daryl@PCSOL »

I understand that the default method of selecting computers to run the scan is based on an optimization algorithm and that manual scans can be triggered at will, but I have a few questions about the interactions between the automatic and manual scans.

How does the plugin respond to an immediate scan on a specific computer? On a specific router? On a location?

If I set a daily information harvest on a specific PC, does that cancel the automatic scan? What about on a router? On a location?

If they are completely unrelated, is there any way to select the computer the automatic scans will default to (per location maybe)?

Am I correct in assuming that setting the scan interval to none in the Configuration tab disables automated system entirely, and the user can define their own scheduled maintenance? If so what are the specific procedures and or arguments for the automatically generated scripts?

Just wondering.

Cubert

Re: Manual Schedules

Post by Cubert »

Basicly the automation and manual via plugin scans are done by looking for agents that fit a criteria. We look for the number of commands currently executing on system and what OS level it is. Based on this we choose an agent to execute the scan for that location.

If you do turn off scans by setting it to none. You can schedule the script manually on any agents you like and for any schedule or schedules.

You will need to pass a parameter to the script when setting the schedule as shown below
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (13.32 KiB) Viewed 13490 times

Daryl@PCSOL

Post by Daryl@PCSOL »

Right, I was informed of that parameter before. I guess my understanding of the way this plugin works is incomplete. Instead of making assumptions I guess I should just ask more questions.

Is the creation of backups tied to this script? If I set the scan interval to none, does that impact the creation of backups?

I see that there is a button for backing up all of the routers at once, but how would I create a backup for all of a clients routers? a single location? a single router?

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Yes, the script is responsible for backups of the firewalls. Each firewall is separate backup stored in database. You will see the backup and date for each router in backup list.

The master backup button would force all firewalls to execute the script for backups. You will see each system respond at its location with a new copy of backups.

Return to “PFSense 4 LabTech”