Feature - Suggestion

Support and question forum for Patch Remedy 4 WUA plugin for LabTech. This plugin was retired on 06/01/2022. All new Patch Remedy 5 is now the current plugin. This forum is for retaining the old posts for Patch Remedy 4.
cmenard01

Feature - Suggestion

Post by cmenard01 »

For each of the tabs could you add a type for each machine so you could filter on workstation or server. Client, and System name are great. When reviewing these, I would like to be able to identify servers first given they should not be missing patch windows.

Cubert

Re: Feature - Suggestion

Post by Cubert »

interesting so maybe small icon or change the icon for online/offline to also include server/desktop

Anyone else give that a thumbs up?

wdyoung

Post by wdyoung »

Thumbs Up

SteveT

Post by SteveT »

Hi Cubert,

Got v1.0.1.22 installed and licensed. LOVE the work you've put in.

I do have one suggestion to make everyone's lives easier... being able to assign the plugin to run against GROUPS instead of individual clients.

I can imagine someone with 1000 clients, and only 50% of them under patch contract would pull their hair out checking all those individual boxes.

Steve Teece
Wallis Computer Solutions
Steve Teece
steve@wcswa.com.au

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

I can see that being useful in many places.. I will look into identifying how to go about doing that.

BMirsky

Post by BMirsky »

And another thought...
A thin column on most of the pages and grids to include an indicator light if something is in REBOOT PENDING status.
I like that none of the FIX modes (like AGGRESSIVE) do an auto-restart... but it's then harder to track what PCs you'll need to manually or script to reboot later. So an indicator would help show each problem PCs state for that.
Or even just add a right-click context so we can set a REBOOT AT ______ right then and there?

Also, I noticed last night when playing with this for the first time... a few of the PCs I ran an aggressive fix on took hours to complete because it ran one single command every 5 minutes... somehow the agents didn't get thrown into Fastalk mode... so for each and every command (inlcuding all of the REGSVR lines) it was a long delay between each.

SteveT

Post by SteveT »

BMirsky wrote:And another thought...
Also, I noticed last night when playing with this for the first time... a few of the PCs I ran an aggressive fix on took hours to complete because it ran one single command every 5 minutes... somehow the agents didn't get thrown into Fastalk mode... so for each and every command (inlcuding all of the REGSVR lines) it was a long delay between each.
I've also seen this behaviour on MOST systems I've been working on... Has taken up to 5 hours to complete an aggressive repair on several occasions.
Steve Teece
steve@wcswa.com.au

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Really?

It's a script being executed with very common command line commands.

Should take just a minute to do all commands.

Has the fix worked after reboots ?

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

What version of lt are we on?

SteveT

Post by SteveT »

I'm on V1.0.1.22.

I've done a bit further testing and think this is something to do with LT.

I had a look at your scripts, saw the @MYCMD@ variables needed for each patch method, then made individual scripts that do nothing but set the variable, then run your script. I can verify that running my script to call yours, each .dll registration takes 10mins to process (Even with FasTalk manually set).

Another change I've made to your script is setting %clientid% to maintenance mode for 600 mins. Then clear maintenance mode at the end of the script. This is so my autofix scripts don't restart the services. Would this make a difference?

The fix has been working after reboot about 85% of the time. The other 15% I've been downloading WindowsUpdateDiagnostic.diagcab the remoting in to run manually. Haven't worked out how to script an answer file for a .diagcab yet...

Steve.
Steve Teece
steve@wcswa.com.au

Return to “Patch Remedy for LabTech (Patch Remedy 4) Retired”