Plugin still supported? Complete re-load?

This plugin monitors local admin group for changes and alerts admins when changes have been made.
andrewk

Plugin still supported? Complete re-load?

Post by andrewk »

Hello,
We used this plugin up until the end of 2021 when we started having some issues. I am at a point where we want to re-enable and use this again but want to make sure it is still usable. I see it has not been updated in a while.

A couple of problems I am having. When I first went to install and enable the plugin, everything seemed okay but none of the information was getting updated. It appears that all of the plugin settings were retained for each site. It was also using an older version of the maintenance script.
I decided to try purging the plugin, the script and the .ibd config files in the data directory. After doing that and re-loading the plugin I cannot get anything working. The master switch will not stay on and I see the errors in the log below.

LTAgent v220.293 - 9/29/2022 10:50:05 AM - Plugin Error Admon, Version=1.0.0.95, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: SetSQLTablespace '`labtech`.`plugin_sw_admon_users`' exists.:::
LTAgent v220.293 - 9/29/2022 10:50:05 AM - Plugin Error Admon, Version=1.0.0.95, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: SetSQLTablespace '`labtech`.`plugin_sw_admon_monitor`' exists.:::
LTAgent v220.293 - 9/29/2022 10:50:05 AM - Plugin Error Admon, Version=1.0.0.95, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: SetSQLTablespace '`labtech`.`plugin_sw_admon_config`' exists.:::
LTAgent v220.293 - 9/29/2022 10:50:05 AM - Plugin Error Admon, Version=1.0.0.95, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: SetSQLTablespace '`labtech`.`plugin_sw_admon_alerts`' exists.:::

Is there any way to completely purge and start over?

andrewk

Re: Plugin still supported? Complete re-load?

Post by andrewk »

Just followed your post about completely reloading the plugin in 2021. Now the error I get is below.
Should I not be doing anything with the .ibd files?

LTAgent v220.293 - 9/29/2022 11:32:16 AM - Plugin Error Admon, Version=1.0.0.95, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: SetSQLGot error 168 from storage engine:::
LTAgent v220.293 - 9/29/2022 11:32:16 AM - Plugin Error Admon, Version=1.0.0.95, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: SetSQLGot error 168 from storage engine:::

andrewk

Post by andrewk »

Okay. Making progress. Me not being much of a Database Admin, I didnt realize you cant just delete those files before dropping the table from the database. I copied the files back in and I was able to drop the tables correctly.
Now the plugin is reloaded and things seem good so far. Fingers crossed. I have not seen and data come in yet but I will give it some time.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

@andrewk

Sorry man, I was out power for the last few days as Hurricane Ian passed over our heads. We are based in Central Florida so just getting back to answering forum posts.

Yea! do not delete the .ibd files!

If you have SQL access to server then the only thing needed is to DROP the tables that manage Admon using SQLYog or MySQL WorkBench.

All of the admon tables start with plugin_sw_admon_

"DROP TABLE IF EXISTS plugin_sw_admon_users;"

Repeat for each table that exists with the prefix "plugin_sw_admon_"

This will clear all SQL out of the equation. Next delete the DLL file in any Tech PC that runs the Control Center.

C:\ProgramData\Labtech Plugins\yourRMMHostName\Admon.dll

On the Automate Host delete the Admon.dll in the following directory

C:\Program Files\LabTech\Plugins\Admon.dll

Delete the script from the scripts/maintenance/

Disable and remove the plugin from the plugin manager

This will remove the plugin from the system in full.

Install the latest plugin build 1.0.0.95 and enable it in plugin manager.
Restart the dbagent to have it recreate the tables and script needed.
Close and relaunch the Control center to reload the plugins and to add the Admon plugin to Control center. This will cause the DLL files to be regenerated in the directories you removed them from earlier.

It should now open and allow you to set features. If an on off button keeps showing off, Have a look at the tables to see if the value of that setting is changing. It should be as this is a common issue we see from time to time. A reboot of the automate host and DB maintenance cycle tends to fix the issue. Its a visual issue with holding a value after it's changed in the DB.

See if that helps.

andrewk

Post by andrewk »

That helps a lot. Thank you. I appear to be up and running now. I did make a change on the script as mentioned in some other posts to run as the agent instead of as admin. Is that still recommended?

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

That should be fine.

Awesome.

andrewk

Post by andrewk »

I appreciate you making this plug available for free. I will definitely look into some of your other paid options in the future. For now, the ADMON plugin is great for what we need.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Keep an eye open to our forums!

There is opportunity coming to get in on a beta release of our newest product. Can not speak much of the product yet but it will be quite a nice addition to Automate.

Return to “ADMON Administrators Group Monitor plugin”