Feature suggestion: Select client locations in Configure.

Support and question forum for Patch Remedy 4 WUA plugin for LabTech. This plugin was retired on 06/01/2022. All new Patch Remedy 5 is now the current plugin. This forum is for retaining the old posts for Patch Remedy 4.
AJB703

Feature suggestion: Select client locations in Configure.

Post by AJB703 »

I'd recommend retooling the Configure UI so it's possible to specify which locations for a multi-location client are scanned / automated.

We have a non-trivial number of clients where we provide patching services to Location A but not Location B. (B being another physical location without a contract, lab machines, etc.)

SteveT

Re: Feature suggestion: Select client locations in Configure.

Post by SteveT »

Another way to manage this issue would be to change the plugin to run against groups (ie Managed 24x7 or Managed 8x5).

By doing this, any systems that are in a patch managed group would be automatically added, and those not in the groups are ignored.

Ialso have a non-trivial number of clients, and some locations have managed patching, others don't, and I also have a lot of "noise" in the patch manager reports - "noise" to me is data, faults, or issues on systems that are NOT managed... basically I don't care about these, and don't want to be bothered by the info.

These systems also affect the patch percentages, which is another issue for me.

Steve.
Steve Teece
Wallis Computer Solutions
steve@wcswa.com.au

efiniste

Post by efiniste »

+1 for this (either option).

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Have a switch that switches between current client select and a Group Select?

Is that what your looking for?

AJB703

Post by AJB703 »

Cubert wrote:Have a switch that switches between current client select and a Group Select?

Is that what your looking for?
Ideally?

Change the Client pane on the Configure panel so we can expand (+) a given client open and check / uncheck individual locations that exist in LabTech.

Code: Select all

X ACME CORP
     X ACME Main Office
     X ACME Warehouse
       ACME Foreign Branch     

Return to “Patch Remedy for LabTech (Patch Remedy 4) Retired”