Chocolatey Not Installing

Support and questions for using and managing Chocolatey NuGet inside of Labtech
tobycarver

Re: Chocolatey Not Installing

Post by tobycarver »

If I manually run the script, then I get the sql file in the %windir%\LTSvc folder. Checking other computers, this is the only computer that is receiving errors.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

very odd.. Hmm...

Did your computer console fill with data like installed versions and such afterwards?

tobycarver

Post by tobycarver »

Not yet. The user's laptop is now offline and I'm not sure when they powered off. It's close to lunch here, so they may just be out. I'll keep an eye on it. How do you want to proceed if it doesn't ever populate?

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

The next best thing is to give a little time with the system to see whats going on where.

Can we get a GoTo Meeting setup for tomorrow AM?

if so private IM me

tobycarver

Post by tobycarver »

Before I send an email to the user, I wanted to make sure you were available to look at this laptop.

tobycarver

Post by tobycarver »

This user has been busy, so I just now got a chance to look into this some more. I found some other aspects of LT that were failing, and decided to upgrade Windows Powershell to version 3. Once I rebooted, I was able to install chocolatey and run the reinstall command successfully. Moments later, maintenance ran and it successfully ran the scripts that previously had failed. I'm guessing that Windows Powershell was corrupt somehow. Applying version 3 fixed the issue. Thanks for your help and, adding to my toolbox troubleshooting steps for the future.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Awesome! Love it when its a easy fix...

tobycarver

Post by tobycarver »

Nevermind. Still failing. When I manually tell it to query installed software, I get the errors in the attached screen shots. I can now, at least, install any of the approved software from the LT Chocolatey console, but something else is going on now. Sorry, I get these little 5-10 min windows with these user's computers and I never know when they will occur.
Attachments
Command3.jpg
Command3.jpg (9.44 KiB) Viewed 16287 times
Scripts3.jpg
Scripts3.jpg (161.37 KiB) Viewed 16287 times

tobycarver

Post by tobycarver »

Curious. I see maintenance is running and installing updates now. I also see the installed software tab is populating for this client. I guess that's good, so I'll wait to see if the error resurfaces where the sql script isn't found. Will keep you posted.

Return to “Chocolatey For Labtech”