Private Repository ProGet - Chocolatey

Automate Package Manager is a robust solution for MSPs seeking an efficient and streamlined approach to software management across diverse operating systems. With its cross-platform compatibility, integration with popular package managers like Chocolatey, Apt-get, Yum, and Homebrew makes it the go to choice for software update management.
argyris

Private Repository ProGet - Chocolatey

Post by argyris »

First of all thank you for the provided instructions on setting this up. I am not very familiar with private repos, so if you provide some light in the following questions that would be great.....

I set up Proget according to the provided document, and all seems to be working fine. I added some packages and i already see logs of packages being downloaded to he machines.

Is there any way to bulk auto update or at least bulk manually update packages on the private repo?

What happens, when an agent is setup with the private repo, the APM detects that there is an update for a package, but the latest version is not listed on the private repo? Will the package download from the public repository? What is the process?

Thank you

Cubert

Re: Private Repository ProGet - Chocolatey

Post by Cubert »

I believe, and I may be wrong.. So do your own do diligence.

There is a timeout on the cache in the repo, any request after the cache period is up will force the repo proxy to re query Chocolatey for package status. So as APM runs day to day, week to week the repo proxy is continuously refreshed with public repo data.

That is how it was explained to me at least.

I "believe" you can control this cache period in the ProGet proxy settings...

Return to “Automate Package Manager”