Help Getting Chocolatey for Automate Going

This forum is for the discussions and support for the Chocolatey For Automate plugin. Inside you will find the Documentation Project forum that describes the operation of the plugin.
PL-MSTech

Re: Help Getting Chocolatey for Automate Going

Post by PL-MSTech »

-
Search groups are there now, but things are broken...
-
13.10.2023_18.58.53_REC.png
13.10.2023_18.58.53_REC.png (68.23 KiB) Viewed 35539 times
-
-
Managed apps appear to have unapproved apps, and all look like they are listed twice.
KB updates are also listed in managed apps and aren't 'approved'

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Ok, looks like the scanner, when run on one of your caching managers, is not catching the package name as a primary key for that table. I'll look at that to verify we have primary key set correctly for that table.

Next thing was why did KB show up and installed when not in list or not approved. Chocolatey packages can have dependencies that must also be installed when the primary package is installed. Google chrome is an example of this, the KBs installed most likely came with Google install.

As for some packages shown disabled. We ship the plug-in with some prefilled applications from Chocolatey , we disable several so that if a new user doesn't modify app list it will not install everything listed to all agents. Also by adding apps you do not want distributed to app list, leaving them disabled, will allow you to capture the repo versions of that app. This will then allow agents to display both current versions and repo versions.

Clicking on graphic besides each app will open window to allow you to enable, remove, push out and so on. So seeing disabled apps is ok.

Now just FYI, in build 3.6.0.4 due out by Friday next, changes how this all works again.

In the next build you now have a global app list, then you have sub lists for each client. The auto install apps will only install apps approved for client. We will have this all documented so you can read how process works. This new update allows you to approve different applications for different clients instead of one app list for all clients.

Next improvement is a sources manager for each agent , this allow you to view actual sources configured, remove bad sources and reset agent sources to defaults. This control will be available in the client view under agent menus.

So we got a few updates in the next release.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

We released 3.6.0.4 this morning. We also updated the setup guide to now reflect the new Client Approved Apps list.

The global app list provides the base for all approved apps at the client level. In the Global Apps list you will want to add and enable any apps you want visible at the client level.

At the client level you will see a globally approved list of apps that are disabled for the client. Double clicking any app in list will enable/ disable app for client.

Screenshot 2023-10-16 120644.png
Screenshot 2023-10-16 120644.png (34.95 KiB) Viewed 35511 times

@PL-MSTech
I have reviewed the main App table and it is set to have the Primary Key be the reponame (package name) of Application, This should prevent you from getting duplicates as your seeing. Your table may have not dropped as it should and is of the old 3.5 version.

I would execute this SQL and then restart the DBagent, allow a few seconds afterwards for DB agent to recreate table.

Code: Select all

DROP TABLE If Exists plugin_p4a_chocolatey_applications;
I also now with the addition of a client apps list, enabled more of the global apps that default in the global list so they are seen available at the client level. (Just a FYI, know if app is missing from client list it must of been disabled globally already.)

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

@PL-MSTech

Yeap, and if I would of looked a bit closer to your image provided I would of seen the (%) signs beside each of the app names. This is classic 3.5 table data so you need to refresh that table and get updated table structure.

I can see this causing you issues all over the place if Applications table is not accurately configured.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

@Everyone,

This thread has gone 7+ pages and has floated around 3.5 and now 3.6 setup issues which are significantly different. To make it easier for user of the forum to get quicker help to their needs I am going to freeze this post in place.

If you are experiencing issues with 3.6 setups create a new thread that describes your issue in detail and provide any screenshots.

Thanks Everyone,

Return to “Chocolatey For Automate”