New Patch Remedy content loads slow

Patch Remedy 5 is the next generation of the Plugins4Automate Patch Remedy family of products.
This forum is used to support Patch Remedy 5 only, if your using a previous version of Patch Remedy please see the forum for that version below.
Inside you will find the documentation project for the plugin were you can get insights on how to operate and use Patch Remedy 5.
mikey090tx

New Patch Remedy content loads slow

Post by mikey090tx »

Hello to all, new to Patch Remedy and looking forward to get more out of this plugin to resolve some patching issues. We enabled this yesterday and noticed that the tabs loaded content very slow and at times the screens would display a Not Responding message. I understand that some of this may be due to the size of clients / agents.

We are running an instance with 1,098 agents and a full scan was executed yesterday evening and this am we are still experiencing the same issues with content loading taking some time. This can cause issues as loading or pushing some of the buttons to perform an action will not respond as expected and we may experience a situation where something may be enabled / disabled incorrectly.

We are running this on prem and when I review the server status I don't see any high memory or cpu usage. Are there any recommendations or things to look for to improve performance?
Attachments
patchremedyNotResponding.PNG
patchremedyNotResponding.PNG (168.57 KiB) Viewed 1471 times

Cubert

Re: New Patch Remedy content loads slow

Post by Cubert »

What you are experiencing would be considered normal.

Your client # 1 has over 1000 agents for a single client. With all the data the plugin is crunching for that client I would expect a minimum of a minute load time and would not be surprised if it was taking up to 5 minutes depending or Automate loads.

The delay is not your local workstation so you won't see CPU pegged. What you waiting for is data to be transmitted in bulk to plugin from Automate database. With 100 agents a client it's almost instantaneous, but 1000+ agents means its 10 X normal delays. Also unlike most of the primary data in Automate Control Center which loads at start up, our data does not get loaded until the client Tab is clicked.

We have been requested to add a view at the location level to further reduce the amount of data being loaded, This will be coming in the next releases which in your situation may or may not help. If all agents are under a single location then you will continue to see the same response times.

mikey090tx

Post by mikey090tx »

Cubert,

Thanks for the reply and for the explanation. We do have agents broken down by location and that would certainly be of high interest in our environment. I have experienced other items that are happening and would be pleased to share those, would it be best to post them here in this thread or separately? These can be broken down into two separate categories. Please note that the image of the performance was from the host and not my local machine as I would expect all of the workload to be performed on the server side.

Unexpected behaviors:

Enhancement Wishlist:

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Shot me a PM, always glad to get bug checks or enhancement requests

mikey090tx

Post by mikey090tx »

Cubert-

Pm has been sent

Cubert