Export Reports

Patch Remedy 5 is the next generation of the Plugins4Automate Patch Remedy family of products.
This forum is used to support Patch Remedy 5 only, if your using a previous version of Patch Remedy please see the forum for that version below.
Inside you will find the documentation project for the plugin were you can get insights on how to operate and use Patch Remedy 5.
dbitters

Export Reports

Post by dbitters »

Is there a way to expand the Report capabilities of Patch Remedy? For our audit purposes, we need to be able to run a report on a customer-by-customer basis. Patch remedy already collects all the relevant information and has every detail we need. Unfortunately, there does not seem to be a way to generate a report. The Print report button on the customer level seems nice and seems to collect the information needed. However, when pressing the print button on that page, it automatically takes a screenshot of the page and sends it to the default printer. We need an actual report where it takes all the information in the chart and then prints it to either a printer so we can choose print to PDF or an excel doc. Having it go to the default printer without a choice is fine, as we can make it the Microsoft PDF device. Unfortunately, it only does a screenshot and does not collect everything in the chart. We have to take numerous screenshots scrolling up and down to get what we need.
The ability to export the whole chart and maybe even some of the pie charts to PDF so we can see all the information would be a significant benefit, so we don’t have to use other tools besides this one.
Thanks for your consideration.

dbitters

Re: Export Reports

Post by dbitters »

I wanted to point out something else about the report page. When on the report page, it does not seem possible to see the full computer name. The column only allows for 7 characters, and the column can’t be expanded, nor can the page itself. When I use this report to see non-compliant systems, I am unable to determine the computer name of problem systems if the name is more than 7 characters. Please let me know if it's possible to address that concern.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Let me have a look at that. There maybe a better way to generate the report.

dbitters

Post by dbitters »

I wanted to follow up to see if you had any thoughts on generating and exporting reports by locations/sites and deploying by locations/sites.

I think Patch Remedy solves many problems, but for the first issue, it doesn’t have a way to export a compliance or status report for all agents or by sites.
When clicking on the Print Report, if I manually resize the columns, then I can see the full 15 characters of the computer name. I can then print the report as a PDF. However, I will only get the 25 or so rows. If I scroll down and print the report to PDF at 25 rows at a time and then use a PDF editor to join all the PDFs, then that can serve as a makeshift compliance report.
Alternatively, I can also highlight all the rows and copy the contents to Excel. That is a better report for preserving all the rows of data and being able to sort and look up systems. I was hoping there would be a simple export to Excel or CSV option, or even to PDF while including all the rows and not just the top 25.

The next issue is trying to generate a report by location/site or deploy by location/site. For example, several of our customers are between 200 and 500 agents, and we’d like to generate reports per site/location and modify the PR Updates deployment per site. We don’t want to update all 500 systems for a customer all at once in case there are any issues, and we need to generate reports by location/site so we don't end up with a massive list where we don't know what location the agent exists.

On that same issue, all of our servers are held in a specific location/site under each customer. Those servers require a managed WSUS set of patches for application compatibility and increased testing. Therefore, we can’t use the PR Update at the customer level because it would inadvertently touch the servers. Alternatively, if we enable PR Updates at the customer level, we could then manually disable it on every server. However, that then gets a little messy trying to apply in that way, assuming it adheres to the override.

If the patch Remedy tab at the customer level could also include locations, or if the Patch remedy tab could also be available at the location level, then that could resolve both the issues of report by site/location as well as deploying updates per site/location.

Let me know what you think.
Thanks for the help.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Ok so what you would like to see is the exacts same view but at the location level as a tab for that location.

There is a possibility that I could do that. Let me have a look at the code base and see what is possible .

dbitters

Post by dbitters »

That would be fantastic.
That may also help other partners that have lots of sites and approaching 1000 agents per customer, putting the resources over the edge.
Much appreciated.

Return to “Patch Remedy 5”