Schedule OS Upgrade Not running

Patch Remedy 5 is the next generation of the Plugins4Automate Patch Remedy family of products.
This forum is used to support Patch Remedy 5 only, if your using a previous version of Patch Remedy please see the forum for that version below.
Inside you will find the documentation project for the plugin were you can get insights on how to operate and use Patch Remedy 5.
ManiacMagic

Schedule OS Upgrade Not running

Post by ManiacMagic »

When I run the schedule OS upgrade on a different day other than today. It never shows a schedule script that will run.
Is this normal?

Attached I have a schedule OS update on the same day which shows the script will run on the correct times
I have also attached the problem when I schedule on different day it doesn't show that a script will run
Attachments
Not working different day.png
Not working different day.png (48.8 KiB) Viewed 2380 times
working same day.png
working same day.png (18.16 KiB) Viewed 2380 times

Cubert

Re: Schedule OS Upgrade Not running

Post by Cubert »

It posts the scheduled script the day of the schedule at 12 AM for what ever time you set it for that day.

Example: I set an Upgrade for 10 days from now at 8:00 AM.

Ten days from now at 12:00 AM the schedule will be created for that action for 8:am that day. There will not be a pending script sitting in the queue waiting for ten days to execute.

But if you schedule a upgrade for 10 PM the same day your on then the schedule is created at the time you set the schedule.

ManiacMagic

Post by ManiacMagic »

Thank you Cubert for the quick reply and prompt answer

So I understand, At 12 pm at midnight will Patch Remedy will schedule all OS upgrades and I should see the script to run for the current day?

Also is there a auto OS upgrade that happen automatically, If i untick the the (PR)OS Upgrades on the Client side.
Because it seems that when even though I scheduled out when to do the upgrade for a few computers, it upgrade a lot of workstations when it didn't want them to.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

So, Can you schedule a Upgrade and then turn it off before it has a chance to schedule? Yes.

If you schedule an upgrade for the 15th and on the 12th you go in and check the box for (PR)OS Upgrades, then you have effectively disabled the scheduling services that would of scheduled the upgrade script on 12 AM of the 15th to run at the time specified for the 15th.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

The reason we wait to schedule the scripts until the day of the schedule is that LabTech/Automate has a reputation of dropping schedule scripts that are more than a few days out. Also an restart to the DBagent can affect scripting so to be as consistent as possible our automation looks at each future schedules daily to see if the schedule is ready to fire off.

ManiacMagic

Post by ManiacMagic »

Thank you Cubert for your explanation. It makes perfect sense now.

Return to “Patch Remedy 5”