Habitat 3rd party application manager not working

Support forums for the Habitat Automate plugin
eurgello

Habitat 3rd party application manager not working

Post by eurgello »

Hi, I wanted to ask for some advice as it seems that our Habitat plugin is not updating some 3rd party apps. Also reporting seems to be off, as checked in our Habitat Applications Manager, some apps are showing outdated but does have the latest version installed while some are really out of date. Check on some clients Habitat Applications Manager and it doesn't seem to detect the managed 3rd party apps are installed.
Attachments
screenshot4.jpg
screenshot4.jpg (71.83 KiB) Viewed 5153 times
screenshot3.jpg
screenshot3.jpg (57.98 KiB) Viewed 5153 times
screenshot2.jpg
screenshot2.jpg (47.51 KiB) Viewed 5153 times
screenshot1.jpg
screenshot1.jpg (41.67 KiB) Viewed 5153 times

Cubert

Re: Habitat 3rd party application manager not working

Post by Cubert »

What Version of Habitat are you currently running?

Next, what do you have set as a schedule if any?

Next, on the agent in question, what was the last script log from the Chocolatey For Automate script on that agent? Can you post that data?

If you can pull the logs from the log reader in Habitat for the ChocolateyForAutomate plugin log? It should reveal whether or not that agent has been given commands to do stuff? Post that here as well so we can see what it maybe attempting.

eurgello

Post by eurgello »

Hi Cubert,

Thanks for getting back to me on this.

Habitat version is 1.0.1.24.

The schedule is set for weekly.

I've attached Screenshot1 for the script status when it updates the plugin. Unfortunately script logging has been disabled.

Unfortunately we don't have the ChocolateyForAutomate plugin. Is there a way for us to get that? Apologies if this hasn't been helpful but I'm not familiar with Habitat and been trying to check online on where to locate these logs.
Attachments
Sceenshot1.jpg
Sceenshot1.jpg (11.46 KiB) Viewed 5082 times

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Sorry That should of been Habitat Application Manager script not Chocolatey For Automate... The two tools are very similar and do the same thing so I some time cross them when talking about them.

So once a week on that day, starting at midnight you should start seeing in the logs that automation to update the agents launches.

You can check the server logs here by pulling the Habitat log. Then check the agents script logs to see the update data on that agent.

Screenshot 2022-06-06 084851.png
Screenshot 2022-06-06 084851.png (126.2 KiB) Viewed 5055 times

eurgello

Post by eurgello »

Sorry for the delay in responding as just got online today. And no problem on the 2 tools.

I'll get back to you tomorrow as I just checked and the logs didn't go all the way to midnight. Once I confirm it I'll add it here.

Thanks!

eurgello

Post by eurgello »

I just checked the logs and I don't see what you have on your screenshot that application version is starting.

Since we have it configured as weekly, will it only do the check for all our clients on a particular day of the week? As I thought it may do the check on the maintenance night we have on the client. And if it is just for a particular day, would it default to Sunday or how would I be able to check what day would that be set on?

Thanks!

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

It should update / install only on the day set in weekly schedule, but will collect version info daily.

I should state that you should verify that you have the Application Manager service running.

Screenshot 2022-06-09 093153.png
Screenshot 2022-06-09 093153.png (145.36 KiB) Viewed 5025 times

eurgello

Post by eurgello »

Thanks. I checked and it is running.

I think I made a mistake on the scheduling. I assumed that it would follow the maintenance night that we have set on each client but that may not be on this. How do I check on that?

As I've checked the script history on a few agents and the Habitat application manager does run couple of times each day.
Attachments
0609.jpg
0609.jpg (20.92 KiB) Viewed 5022 times

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Ok so it sounds like the plugins is running as expected.

So the next question is, What is the current repo version of Google. On your cache it says its up to date so it thinks that cache repo and agent match.

Try deleting the google app from your cache folder and see what gets added back during repo updates. If the same version then its the repo behind..

If repo shows current then the caching agent is not updating repo cache locally.

This will give a direction as to what to look at next.

eurgello

Post by eurgello »

Apologies for the delay in updates. I had to attend to some urgent matters.

Could you advise where the cache folder is located? Unfortunately I'm not that familiar where all of this is but I did try to check on the caching agent and our Automate server and wasn't able to find it there.

Thanks

Return to “Habitat”