Habitat Plugin Cleanup

Support forums for the Habitat Automate plugin
anitc

Habitat Plugin Cleanup

Post by anitc »

Hi there,

we came through to a strange issue with the Habitat plugin.
I installed the Habitat plugin but later someone from my team removed the plugin without disabling the plugin first. which removed the plugin from plugins table and we lost the plugin guid.
Now it has all the remnants like all the tabs at Client, Location and computer management screen still available and working.
If I add the plugin again it adds the duplicate tabs.

I need a way to map the the plugin guid to the identifies.

Cubert

Re: Habitat Plugin Cleanup

Post by Cubert »

Yes,

What has happened is that someone tried to reinstall or maybe update the plugin but did not select the plugin from list first. In this case the plugin update will overwrite the DLL of any other plugin that was selected at the time.

This is typically the first plugin in your list starting with (A) which is usually the Active Directory plugin from Automate.

Automate has a issue where the pop up that warns you that you are about to overwrite a mismatched GUID looks just like the popup that says you successfully updated an existing plugin.

Most techs will miss this and click the OK button, in which then rewrited the DLL of the wrong plugin to be the plugin your updating.

This then causes the wrong DLL to be loaded when the system starts loading plugins. Active Directory is now loading Habitat.dll, but ist not really called Habitat anymore as it renames the DLL to the name of the other plugin. Thus if you delete Habitat.dlls from all systems the plugin still shows up as it is also now named ActiveDirectory.dll

So how to fix?

First off the Version column will help give away the plugin that was updated. It will be the same version as Habitat and not the version of what ever plugin was over written.

So if Habitat was 1.0.1.22 then see if any other plugin is also that same version. If so disable the plugin in the plugin manager and restart the DBagent. Close and relaunch the Control Center and see if the Habitat tabs are gone now. If not then you move on to next plugin that looks to be in same version or close 1.0.1.15 or something to that effect.

At some point you will disable the plugin that was over written and the tabs will disappear. When that happens that is the plugin you should fully remove then replace it with what was on the Solution Center or form your private files.

Return to “Habitat”