Chocolatey deployment issues

Support and questions for using and managing Chocolatey NuGet inside of Labtech
shankwc

Chocolatey deployment issues

Post by shankwc »

Choloclately for Automate has been very inconsistent and my techs are about ready to give up on it. We recently uninstalled the plugin, deleted all the database tables and reinstalled. It was a little more consistent with the few test clients. Now we are attempting to deploy to another client but the locations are blank, which seems to be affecting everything else. I've tried enabling for the client and then stop/start db agent service to no avail. Should I manually create the entries for the locations in the plugin_p4l_chocolatey_location_enable table?

Is there a process / script / command we can run to force Chocolatey to run and process locations, etc?

Cubert

Re: Chocolatey deployment issues

Post by Cubert »

Sorry for the late response,

Let me do a review my notes, I work on so many plugins I have to go back and do a quick review of the code notes to see what it is wanting to do.
I have sometime for you by Monday. I am sure its some setting or such not met yet.

I will note that Chocolatey for LabTech is subject to the throttling and banning issues Chocolatey.org put up when locations over request from the repos. This cause odd behaviors as Chocolatey struggles to get agents installed or apps updated due to blocks.

Our Habitat plugin has a version of Application Manager (Chocolatey) that has a work around for these limits and does not get hung up by them. Its a pretty big step forward from the idea of managing chocolatey to managing the agent.

If your struggling with Chocolatey for LabTech or Chocolatey for Automate then Habitat maybe the solution you should be using.

Here is its direct link to documentation project if you are interested.
viewtopic.php?t=5891

Cubert

Re: Chocolatey deployment issues

Post by Cubert »

***Announcement***

We just released Chocolatey For Automate 3.5 today. It is available for upgrade to any active subscription . It will require reconfigure after upgrades as its a new plugin design and does things differently. To read more about it visit the new forum created just for this version.

viewforum.php?f=84

Enjoy!

Return to “Chocolatey For Labtech”