Build 1.0.5.5 - data not updated

Patch Remedy 5 is the next generation of the Plugins4Automate Patch Remedy family of products.
This forum is used to support Patch Remedy 5 only, if your using a previous version of Patch Remedy please see the forum for that version below.
Inside you will find the documentation project for the plugin were you can get insights on how to operate and use Patch Remedy 5.
sewkaz

Build 1.0.5.5 - data not updated

Post by sewkaz »

Hello,

I'm new with the new plugin.
Issues that I have:
1. Looks like the client/agents are not scanned. The data is not populated. There are some information in the plugin (in the overview tab there is only top 10 categories missing and in OS Types I see few OS types).
I did try to perform a force Scan but that did not fix it.

2. Also when under "Disable Services" I click anything (for client or agent) it is not saved. When I click on another agent and go back the settings is rosetted

Attachments
3.png
3.png (81.94 KiB) Viewed 928 times
2.png
2.png (71.9 KiB) Viewed 928 times
1.png
1.png (116.52 KiB) Viewed 928 times

Cubert

Re: Build 1.0.5.5 - data not updated

Post by Cubert »

The automated scans are scheduled for twice a day. The scans are scripted, so you can seethe status of the scan by reviewing the script logs. If you manually fire off a scan, if your looking at agent view will only fire for the one agent. If your in client view and select the scan client button then it will scan for entire client.

Scans are again scripted, this means that based on environment, load, agent count, online status and etc, it may take anywhere from several minutes to several hours to complete a full scan.

Typically we say to allow 24 hours for the automation to catch up to the environment before expecting consistent and accurate data.

sewkaz

Post by sewkaz »

@Cubert

I did get the data populated, after that I click update client (it was 8h ago) and all the summary under Client is gone (check attached screenshot). However when I click on a Agent, it shows all the info (missing updates, agent info summary, etc). I did perfromed a Scan Client I and I saw that it completed on the agents, but the window is still empty for me.
Attachments
issue with data2.png
issue with data2.png (149.78 KiB) Viewed 923 times

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Ok the something is blowing up on you when the client data is being loaded.

First get and update your plugin to 1.0.5.6
PatchRemedy-1.0.5.6.zip
(474.67 KiB) Downloaded 79 times

Then let's see if that resolved anything. Then if not, pop it into debug mode and select a client.

Debug mode = Hold shift key down while clicking Patch Remedy Logo at the top of plugin. Not the squid logo but the Patch Remedy logo.

When you close the plugin it will drop out of debug mode automatically. Next launch will be back to normal.

bfalco

Post by bfalco »

I am having the same issue, just upgraded to 1.0.5.6 yesterday afternoon. This morning still no data on summary and on detail of a PC

bfalco

Post by bfalco »

I see a scheduled scrips Patch Remedy Maintenance that were scheduled for midnight last night that did not run on multiple systems. I cannot find that scrip but I now see P4A Patch Remedy Maintenance in the scrip folder, but this is not scheduled to run. I manually ran it on a system, still no update in the Plugin

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Yeap, Sorry about that...

I had to go all the way back to a scratch install to see the problem we created in 1.0.5.5.

Looks like all the hub-bub was due to a single "&" missing. Well we fixed that up and also fixed and added a few other things while a it.

To get Patch Remedy 1.0.5.7 go to:

viewtopic.php?t=5963

Should be a much better startup experience.

Return to “Patch Remedy 5”