3rd Party Application Management

Support forums for the Habitat Automate plugin
dbitters

Re: 3rd Party Application Management

Post by dbitters »

Thanks for the update. I waited a bit to see if I would see any difference.
The Control Center Shows the current build as 1.0.1.10.
The Habitat Applications Manager tab, still has the missing installed version column.
habitat notepadplus.PNG
habitat notepadplus.PNG (38.31 KiB) Viewed 2550 times
Also, some applications are not downloading the packages even though the package ID is current on the Chocolatey public site and it's updating the package folder with the new and correct version.
Here is a partial list of all the packages I am trying out, and you can see the time stamp shows that it's checking and updating the folder names. However, that also shows that the repo version listed in the Main console and on the customer console isn't being updated, because its making folders with the new version numbers, but not actually updating those versions in the consoles. Notepad plus is a good example, as it says 8.1.5 in the main console and this screenshot in the customer console. However, the folder in the packages directory and in the public repo show the actual current version 8.1.9.
habitat packages.PNG
habitat packages.PNG (40.22 KiB) Viewed 2550 times
However in this example, with notepadplus, the folder is empty.
habitat notepadplus empty.PNG
habitat notepadplus empty.PNG (3.63 KiB) Viewed 2550 times
I was wondering if you noticed any similar issues.
I'd like to try to get the version column fixed so we can easily see if most of everything is working or not. then I'd like to see if we can get the versions displayed properly. Then I'd like to see if we can figure out why some package folders are empty and causing errors messages stating that it will reinstall original versions.

I hope all that makes sense, thanks for all the great help.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Well, I been working half the day on this issue, yea we had an issue in the script, several actually.

So you should be looking for a new script version in this build. I am testing now and should have a release tomorrow AM if all automation runs well tonight.

We found several issues.

#1 Master versioning was not happening correctly. We had a mis-labeled label causing a shift in function when running master Version function. This caused versions to be missing.

#2 We had several SQL errors to correct for updating data

#3 We added to command the version to install which resolved the reverting to installing the original package.

So 3 bug fixes that were causing issues you mentioned should be fixed in Build 1.0.1.12

I'll get it out tomorrow!

Also I would flush the plugin_p4a_habitat_app_manage_agent_apps table for good measure. Had some junk get in there due to SQL update error we fixed today. caused duplicate entries with data switched.

Code: Select all

TRUNCATE TABLE plugin_p4a_habitat_app_manage_agent_apps
This will cause all agent app data to be gone. Allow for next AgentSync to happen and correct data will be present.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

As for the empty folders in the repo cache.

That is to be expected and is perfectly ok. Many of the NuGet packages are fully embedded so there is no extra package dependencies or executables needed. The Public repo still passes us a folder it expects to be there empty or not.

The issue above was called by not passing the Version you want installed to the choc installer executable so it failed with the rollback message.

That should not happen now in build 1.0.1.12

dbitters

Post by dbitters »

As of build 1.0.1.12, the versions are all showing up properly now and the blank columns are also populating. The correct versions are also being pulled. I don't see any more systems being skipped either. All the limiting issues are gone, and all the choco framework install issues are gone. It appears that everything is working properly now.

I'd have to say, job well done!!
Much appreciated.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Awesome!

dbitters

Post by dbitters »

It looks like there may still be a little glitch with the "Installed Version" column. I can't seem to get it to populate until I press the "Rescan Agents" button. After pressing that button, that column seems to work fine. I'm observing the same across all customers. I assumed it was working because I pressed that button on my various test customers to speed up the process. However, for the other customers, that column never populated after two weeks. I wasn't sure if it just needed multiple rounds after two weeks, so I've been waiting, but it never kicked in. My next thought is that after pressing the button, I can confirm that it appears to be accurate, but I don't know if that column is actually refreshing itself every week. I'm thinking that bug causes it to only refresh after pressing the button and that it's not happening automatically via the schedule. I don't know that answer, but I wanted to point that out because it seems that the script isn't triggering that function the same way as when you press the button.

That issue might be related to the stale date in the "Last Update" column which was only updating after I pressed the "Rescan Agents" button. That's a more recent development though as I know that was working as recently as Nov 8th.

I hope that's enough information to help track down that issue.
Thanks

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

2 things to look at:

First the Rescan Agents and the Automated script schedule are one in the same so what it sounds like is the automated scheduler has not fired off a script schedule.

Check the script logs for Application Manager entries. Also look at the agent script log for Habitat Application Manager script to be scheduled.

Check that you have not set a default schedule to monthly or weekly, this will cause script schedule to wait till the date in question before scanning again.

If you agent is set to daily schedule, and you are in rabbit mode then a schedule should be happening several times a day.

Make sure to be restarting the DBagent after any plugin update.

Post back what you find.

dbitters

Post by dbitters »

I reviewed the script logs and the "Habitat Application" script kicks off and shows up in the logs anytime I press the "Rescan agents" button. This holds true for the subset of customers I am testing this on. I have the schedule set to either Weekly or Daily, however that has not been firing off the script on the scheduled days. I can only get the script to show up in the logs by manually pressing that button. I did have most in Monday weekly mode which is why I waited for two Mondays before bringing it up. I'm not 100% about the daily, so I'm retesting that.

When switching one test customer to daily rabbit mode from turtle, that caused the schedule to start working again.
Now I'm switching back to daily turtle mode to see if the issue is weekly, daily, or anything except rabbit.
Maybe that will help narrow down the issue.

dbitters

Post by dbitters »

I did some additional testing and the turtle and rabbit work fine in daily mode, but not in weekly mode. That seems to be the issue. I ran some customers in daily turtle mode overnight and that was fine. I switched back to weekly turtle mode so we can avoid any daily reinstalls by apps that don't like to cooperate.

Thanks for the help.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

dbitters wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:03 pm I did some additional testing and the turtle and rabbit work fine in daily mode, but not in weekly mode. That seems to be the issue. I ran some customers in daily turtle mode overnight and that was fine. I switched back to weekly turtle mode so we can avoid any daily reinstalls by apps that don't like to cooperate.

Thanks for the help.
Ok so weekly Turtle mode no script schedule
What about weekly Rabbit Mode? Same deal?

Return to “Habitat”