Habitat Printer Status Tool

Detailed descriptions and imagery explaining each tool available inside Habitat. Feel free to post feature requests under each tools forum post if you would like to see something added or changed in the tools.
tgeske

Re: Habitat Printer Status Tool

Post by tgeske »

Hi Cubert, I'm struggling to get ANY data to show up in this plugin, everything that I've tried so far bring me no where. PrinterStatus is enabled globally within Habitat and enabled on each and every client, yet no printers appear at client level or within this PrinterStatus plugin itself.
PrinterStatus_Global_Empty.png
PrinterStatus_Global_Empty.png (33.8 KiB) Viewed 4327 times
I've read your other forum posts and have tried manually scheduling the script to run on clients but that doesn't seem to work either? I've even tried to drop the tables and I've been able to do this successfully in the past (back with PatchRemedy) but now anytime I attempt to drop ANY table it doesn't appear to be working?
DropTables.png
DropTables.png (18.59 KiB) Viewed 4327 times
So I thought I'd try to use your 'Server Plugin Logs' so I can view the PrinterStatus Plugin logs, but I can't seem to get the it to show logs past 'Plugin_Chocolatey II_Errors.txt', in your screenshot you were able to scroll farther down to show all the logs, but I can't get that far. Any ideas or advise on what to do from here?
ServerLogs.png
ServerLogs.png (92.99 KiB) Viewed 4327 times
I have also tried to remove Habitat Plugin completely, restart DBagent but that did not seem to help either.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

We found a minor typo in the database permissions access function and corrected it. If you were not a super admin in Automate then the view may not show up for you. This has been corrected in 1.0.0.62 due out in tonight's updates.

As for the SQL window error, this would be expected since the permissions above were off. the second part of the error is because you are executing a "DROP" and have the checkbox that data is returned set on. A DROP does not return any data back. so the error says that were data was expected there was none.

In SQL Analyzer try "Select * from computers" and check the box for data to be returned. See if you get the computers list back.

As for log files Chocolatey_ii is some old logs.... You might need to clear the logs folder of junk so that the scanner can read through all the good stuff and not get locked up on a old file.

Chocolatey_ii is now Chocolatey_For_LabTech and has been for several years.

Updates should go out tonight or login to our website and grab the download URL directly. It has been posted.

ccalverley

Post by ccalverley »

This is killing us
habitat printerstatus maintenance x 8000 agents all at 1:30 in the afternoon
please please please help

Return to “Habitat Documentation Forum”