Excessive count of computers in WUA versions tab

Support and question forum for Patch Remedy 4 WUA plugin for LabTech. This plugin was retired on 06/01/2022. All new Patch Remedy 5 is now the current plugin. This forum is for retaining the old posts for Patch Remedy 4.
skyscan

Excessive count of computers in WUA versions tab

Post by skyscan »

Prior to the last few weeks my count of systems with an outdated WUA was in the low 40's. Today I now have 547 computers showing up in this list. Upon quick glance they are mostly Windows 10 Pro x64 1803 computers. The reported WUA on these systems is 10.0.17134.1 but according to the PR table towards the top they are already on the latest WUA version.

So why are they now flooding my view?

My PR installed version is 1.0.4.34

Cubert

Re: Excessive count of computers in WUA versions tab

Post by Cubert »

Not sure, There must be a difference in WUA.. maybe a hidden space between numbers or the OS type.

Try flushing the plugins_sw_patch_remedy_maxWUA table and relaunching the plugin. Does this correct the issue?

RazzleDazzle

Post by RazzleDazzle »

I'm seeing the same thing. The 2 - 10 pro x64 1803 have different Max WUA versions.
10 Pro x64 1803 WUA.jpg
10 Pro x64 1803 WUA.jpg (76.9 KiB) Viewed 12472 times
And the other duplicate OS's with the extra space. I have purged the maxWUA table and relaunched the plugin and the issue remains.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

The MAX WUA table is rebuilt every time you open the plugin so the issue is not the maxwua but the WUA table having OS's that have extra spaces in them. So when we build the max wua data from WUA we get variances based on actual OS fields which are not fully consistent inside LabTech.

We use the "%OS% variable in the scripting to grab OS name. LabTech presents OSes with the extra space in them.

I am looking in to a new PS function to run against the OS variable to remove extra junk from them. Lets see if that helps the situation some.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Gents,

We just released 1.0.4.35 for PR which adds a new powershell script to the scan on line 11 of the IF side of things.

It will takes LabTechs %OS% and strip all extra white space from middle of OS and should fix this issue. We also have on line 12 and powershell script to collect the OS type if you decide you rather get it directly from the agent and not rely on Labtech %OS% variable. Just enable that line to override the default OS collection method.

Patch Remedy download is here or it will auto update if you have it set to tonight.
https://delivery.shopifyapps.com/-/2a7e ... a2657adcd8

jmaxwell

Post by jmaxwell »

Thanks for the update. I noticed this yesterday on .34 as well no change on .35
There are now no wua versions associated with the OS in the top portion. As well as duplicates and spaces(screenshot)
wuatab1.PNG
wuatab1.PNG (5.3 KiB) Viewed 12431 times
wuatab.PNG
wuatab.PNG (241.18 KiB) Viewed 12431 times
Please advise.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

If you flush the MAX WUA table and reopen the plugin.

Check the MAXWUA table to see what's inside. Post that here? We only added a line to the script to strip white space so a total data failure is not expected from what we modified.

jmaxwell

Post by jmaxwell »

I am not an sql guru, do you have the right sql statement to flush the MAX WUA table?
Do you want me to post the contents in the MAXWUA table before or after I flush ?

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Code: Select all

TRUNCATE TABLE plugins_sw_patch_remedy_maxWUA; TRUNCATE TABLE plugins_sw_patch_remedy_WUA
This will drop all data from 2 tables, You will need to allow PR to rescan everyone once before the numbers come back correctly. So allow a few hours for all agents to report in.

jmaxwell

Post by jmaxwell »

I ran the sql statement to truncate the tables. However, our system shows it to be 'plugin_' not 'plugins_'
So i had to adjust the sql statement for that.
We have PR configured to scan every 2 hours. I ran the slq statement mid afternoon and checked it this morning. No change. See screenshot.
wuatab1.png
wuatab1.png (181.74 KiB) Viewed 12165 times

Return to “Patch Remedy for LabTech (Patch Remedy 4) Retired”