Systems that have not patched in 30+ days

Support and question forum for Patch Remedy 4 WUA plugin for LabTech. This plugin was retired on 06/01/2022. All new Patch Remedy 5 is now the current plugin. This forum is for retaining the old posts for Patch Remedy 4.
kevilah

Systems that have not patched in 30+ days

Post by kevilah »

We upgraded to Automate 12 patch 8 on July 27th. Now that it's been 30 days since the upgrade, Patch Remedy's 'Systems that have not patched in 30+ days' count has increased drastically. I've manually checked several of the machines listed in Patch Remedy's list, but every one that I've checked has successfully patched recently...

Yesterday I removed Patch Remedy and reinstalled the latest version. We're scanning every 4 hours. So far, no improvement.

Anyone else having issues since upgrading to patch 8?

jmaxwell

Re: Systems that have not patched in 30+ days

Post by jmaxwell »

We are having the same issue. We have a high number of machines on this list. I have not checked on this before the last couple automate or PR updates but currently, multiple machines on this list have successfully patched well with the last 30+ days.
We are on automate 12 patch 8, PR version 1.0.4.34
If any additional information is needed let me know.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Ah, they may have stopped reporting to that data view. We will look into this.

jmaxwell

Post by jmaxwell »

I wanted to follow up. . The 'not patched in 30 days' section is on the same tab as 'systems reporting patching failure'.(Critical Patch Issues tab) Not sure if the two sections are related or coming from the same data, but the 'reporting patching failures' count jumps back and forth substantially from low number(less than 100) to high number(over 2000). This happens within a couple days of each other sometimes. Just seems odd. Is this common or accurate? Any additional information needed let me know.

jmaxwell

Post by jmaxwell »

I wanted to follow up on my latest response above.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

This could very well be plausible.

Lets say Windows 10 agents dont update weekly but monthly. If they run updates on July 1st and then again on August 1st then technically they have a day where they have not patched for 30 days as the month has 31 days in it.

It would show that data view on July 31 that all Windows 10 agents are "Not patched in 30 days". You will need to use context of time and your own knowledge of how you have things running and when things happen to understand why data is where it is.

What you will be wanting to focus on is systems that do not leave that list and are always seeming to be on it. That shows a pattern of failures that you should investigate further.

Patch Remedy is a big data miner and tries to bring out the needles in the haystack of data CW Automate holds.

Return to “Patch Remedy for LabTech (Patch Remedy 4) Retired”