Unable to download and also create directories

Support and question forum for Patch Remedy 4 WUA plugin for LabTech. This plugin was retired on 06/01/2022. All new Patch Remedy 5 is now the current plugin. This forum is for retaining the old posts for Patch Remedy 4.
calibrator

Unable to download and also create directories

Post by calibrator »

Hi all,

Set up Patch Remedy, it's been somewhat of a journey but I'm currently butting up against the two following issues:
1: It appears the script isn't creating the required folders
2: It seems to have trouble downloading the ISOs from a website I created for this purpose.

I created a network share for each site called \\<redacted>\LTCache and ensured my test unit could browse to it.
We created a site called patching.<company>.com.au and up[loaded ISOs to it. I ensured I could download them properly.

I've included an export of the commands Labtech sent out, tacking on the parameters and outputs to assist.
Labtech.xlsx
(9.99 KiB) Downloaded 463 times

Cubert

Re: Unable to download and also create directories

Post by Cubert »

OK I see 2 issues from your logs

#1 ERR Download File Failed with Error: Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.
This error says that the URI we are trying to call failed. Please post a image of your Windows 10 upgrade configs from plugin so I can see what you have listed. Also make sure that the agent has no reason for it to not resolve a host name. Might also try using IP of server if your not in virtual webs for ISO hosting.

#2 ERR an error occurred: Access to the path '\\<redacted>\LTCache\PatchRemedy\Windows10\' is denied.
This is plain and simple, the username the agent service is running as does not have permissions to write to the shared folder. Need to make sure share can be accessed by [OS\System](agent service).

calibrator

Post by calibrator »

Thanks Cubert.

I've attached a screenclip of the config page. I've also confirmed that http://patching.<company>.com.au/1803x64.iso works when keyed into a browser.

Once I'm back onsite tomorrow I'll edit the permissions for the share, however I recall setting it to "everyone" which I figured should have covered it :P Will confirm when I can!
Attachments
labtecherror.PNG
labtecherror.PNG (49.89 KiB) Viewed 7911 times

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

That looks accurate so no issues there.

Next we are work a know bug where the Download command on line 425 when placing variables like so (@url@/@file@) that Labtech script saves it as (@URL@\@FILE@) which places the slash backwards. This then causes the download to fail.

So we are looking to post a work around for the latest LT 12 users for whom experience this bug. We are now testing the following updates to the "Then" section of our Patch Remedy script. See the image below. We -that and create a new variable from the 2 variables that make up the URL and file location for the URI. Next we test it to see if it is blank, then we log it to the script log so during execution you can see exactly what is being called then we download it.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (21.89 KiB) Viewed 7908 times
Red lines = newly added lines to script
Blue lines = edited existing lines in script

So make your script look like the above script clip and see if that changes your results.

Return to “Patch Remedy for LabTech (Patch Remedy 4) Retired”