Patch Remedy Reboots

Support and question forum for Patch Remedy 4 WUA plugin for LabTech. This plugin was retired on 06/01/2022. All new Patch Remedy 5 is now the current plugin. This forum is for retaining the old posts for Patch Remedy 4.
bcockrell

Patch Remedy Reboots

Post by bcockrell »

Hello,
We have noticed that some servers and desktops have been rebooting every night. We have our Patching for desktops set for Tuesdays and our Patching for Servers set for Sundays. The maintenance window at each location is set for Everyday Maintanence. In the commands tab in labtech around 12:50am we see the command: cmd!!! /C shutdown.exe -r -f -t 3
Is Patch Remedy causing the reboots since it is set for Everyday Maintanence?

Cubert

Re: Patch Remedy Reboots

Post by Cubert »

If you have pre maintenance reboots set to checked then yes if systems are pending reboot they would be rebooted.

scripts4life

Post by scripts4life »

Hello,

We have been having an issue with patch remedy triggering a reboot even though we do not have pre-maintenance reboot set.

This happens after the windows update agent is updated by patch remedy.

Parameters: cmd.exe!!! /c "wusa c:\windows\ltsvc\PatchRemedy\windows6.1-kb4025337.
Output: OK

Parameters: %7e2%7eAn+update+to+your+system+requires+an+reboot+of+your+computer.++
Output: CANCEL

The end user cancelled it but I need a way to stop Patch remedy from asking the customer for a reboot outside of my maintenance window.

Alternatively how can I schedule patch remedy maintenance for a specific time? Currently it only runs every 4 hours etc...

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Setting Patch Remedy to 24 will force it to run once a day at midnight.

Return to “Patch Remedy for LabTech (Patch Remedy 4) Retired”