Fully Patched Gauge Clarification

Support and question forum for Patch Remedy 4 WUA plugin for LabTech. This plugin was retired on 06/01/2022. All new Patch Remedy 5 is now the current plugin. This forum is for retaining the old posts for Patch Remedy 4.
MrRat

Fully Patched Gauge Clarification

Post by MrRat »

On the Patch Success tab the Fully Patched This Month gauge goes to 100 so I would assume that is a percentage, and yet the text in it identifies it as individual systems.

Cubert

Re: Fully Patched Gauge Clarification

Post by Cubert »

Nope, That is a count and a self scaling gauge. If it shows 100 as a max in gauge then you have less than 100 agents reporting fully patched. If you have 400 agents showing fully patch the gauge will max at 500 agents.

MrRat

Post by MrRat »

now the question becomes what does fully patched mean.

does it account for Patch Manager approval status?
is it counting all those dang driver patches i deny every month?

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Fully patched is looking the h_commands table in LabTech for any agent ID that has output like "No Updates to Install" when labtech asks for its patch status as part of its patch probing.

Any system that reports that status within the same month and year as we are in now is considered up to date.

So this gauge is truly what Windows believes it is at and not what you have approved or denied.

scripts4life

Post by scripts4life »

Is it possible for a feature request to base fully patched systems on what I have approved for patches?

MrRat

Post by MrRat »

scripts4life wrote:Is it possible for a feature request to base fully patched systems on what I have approved for patches?
And what about patches in Test or Pilot stages. There is no one definition of Fully Patched. Perhaps the best solution would be multiple gauges. Like the Dashboard of the Patch Manager; except one that was accurate and reliable, unlike the Patch Manager dashboard.

For auditing purposes I need both a measure of all patches and all patches released to Production.

Return to “Patch Remedy for LabTech (Patch Remedy 4) Retired”