Missing software after LT 11 upgrade

Support and questions for using and managing Chocolatey NuGet inside of Labtech
tobycarver

Missing software after LT 11 upgrade

Post by tobycarver »

Hello - I'm hosted by LT, and they upgraded my instance to version 11. Today, I was going through the changes and was viewing my Chocolatey settings, when I noticed the applications within the Approved Applications tab was blank. Also, the installed apps for individual computers is blank too. I'm sorry if there are steps to correct this, but I couldn't find anything here in the forums.

Thanks for the help!
Attachments
2016-10-20 14_53_21-Chocolatey for LabTech.jpg
2016-10-20 14_53_21-Chocolatey for LabTech.jpg (77.38 KiB) Viewed 18183 times

Cubert

Re: Missing software after LT 11 upgrade

Post by Cubert »

Really, Thats a first.

The first thing I would do is look at my database to verify the tables (plugin_sw_chocolateyii_*) have data in them. If they don't then during the upgrade someone truncated those tables. We have no process or function that would cause a wipe of the approved apps list so unless you manually deleted each app from the plugin there is no mass remove method in plugin.

This means someone would need to go into database and truncate the table. (clear it of all data)

That would then cause the rest of the plugin to show invalid data else where as apps are all gone.

Chocolatey works fine under LT 11 so it not a LT11 issue.

tobycarver

Post by tobycarver »

My LT instance is hosted, so I don't really have access to the database. I checked again this morning and still empty. I have the Squidworks SQL analyzer installed in my LT console. Do you have a query I could run that would tell me if the tables are empty?

Assuming they are or not, what's my next step? Uninstall and reinstall?

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

This should list all Approved apps in database.

Code: Select all

SELECT * FROM labtech.plugin_sw_chocolateyii_approved_apps;
This selects all knows installed apps across enabled agents

Code: Select all

SELECT * FROM labtech.plugin_sw_chocolateyii_installed_apps

tobycarver

Post by tobycarver »

I figured out why things are blank. The Master control switches were off. I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. I didn't turn them off and, based on the logs, I can't tell when they were turned off. This is how I knew they were off in the first place. I looked at the logs and found the AutoUpdates and Maintenance master switches were set to off. I assume those are the two switches under Configurations tab in the main Chocolatey view within LT, yes?

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

If you can't figure out what happened and what needs to be adjusted then shoot me a email at helpdesk @ plugins4labtech.com and we will get a ticket and GTM Session open so I can have a peek.

tobycarver

Post by tobycarver »

The sql queries you supplied have empty queries. I assume this is because the maintenance master switch was off. Is that true?

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Ah.

Well even turning off the masters should not clear data out... so your apps returned? No.. I see.... so I have to assume that LabTech Support shutdown Chocolatey, then cleared the tables before the upgrade.

So basicly your back at the beginning... What version of Chocolatey are you currently on?

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Make sure your on viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5159

tobycarver

Post by tobycarver »

I'm on 2.0.1.82.

Yes, I see that now. I'm looking at the Click Configuration and it has everything off. The system options are all disabled, too. Wow, this sucks. So, no way to get that data back, right? Would explain why folks aren't getting silverlight updated.

I've had not end of trouble with LT 11 since Monday and was actually unable to access it until yesterday. LT would start to load, but would load so slowly that it would eventually fail. I was escalated to level 2, and they found that my image for the splash screen was too big. They resized it and LT loaded right up. I've had that image since the beginning and I've been with LT for 4 years! They said it was due to the new version. Not liking the new version so far.

Return to “Chocolatey For Labtech”