Excessive Remedy Attempts

Support and question forum for Patch Remedy 4 WUA plugin for LabTech. This plugin was retired on 06/01/2022. All new Patch Remedy 5 is now the current plugin. This forum is for retaining the old posts for Patch Remedy 4.
smorrow

Excessive Remedy Attempts

Post by smorrow »

Now that PR is installed and working, I'm trying to sort thru all the issues identified. I'm making my way thru all the our of date WUA versions, which is great. But I'm trying to understand the RT column in Hotfixes.

How do I determine why the RT is failing? On some of the ones that still have old WUA sure, but current ones I'm not seeing anything obviously wrong. I'm sure I just missed something simple, but I'd appreciate a pointer.

Cubert

Re: Excessive Remedy Attempts

Post by Cubert »

The counter can sometimes be misleading, here is how it works.

When you turn on auto updates, the scanner during its scan cycles will look for online systems that it is managing to be out of date with the last known good version of WUA for that OS. When it encounters a system that matches up it attempts to push down and install (without reboot) the update. If the PC does not reboot right away (by manual means) then the scanner on next cycle will scan system and see it is still reporting old version and if system does not show a pending reboot, It then tries again. It will attempt 3 times and stop once counter hits 3. This prevents run on scripts for continuing to try installs and puts system in a hold state pending reboot. Our Pre Maintenance Reboot flag will then watch for systems pending reboots and on the time frame set by your locations maintenance windows, the service will reboot system.

If system no longer appears in Out of date WUA data view but shows in hotfixes RT column then just clear the counts on the RT column and system will go away. If system is reporting out of date and RT column is 3+ system will not reattempt automation. Clear counts will allow the automation to retry 3 more times.

This does not affect any manual pushes you do with tools provided in Patch Remedy and only applies to automation.

You should be going in weekly to Patch Remedy and manually clearing that column. This gives you a chance to review whats going on and to make any repairs based on issues you are seeing.

Cubert :ugeek:

Return to “Patch Remedy for LabTech (Patch Remedy 4) Retired”