Reporting 100% Systems WUA UpToDate Not Accurate

Support and question forum for Patch Remedy 4 WUA plugin for LabTech. This plugin was retired on 06/01/2022. All new Patch Remedy 5 is now the current plugin. This forum is for retaining the old posts for Patch Remedy 4.
stu_u2k

Re: Reporting 100% Systems WUA UpToDate Not Accurate

Post by stu_u2k »

Remaining 3 JPEG's, sorry had to trim the top of 5, didn't like file size...
Last edited by stu_u2k on Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

administrator
Site Admin

Post by administrator »

Adjust your scanning interval to 24 then back to 1, Allow 1 hour to go by and check to see if Patch Remedy Maintenance script gets scheduled on PC (any PC your monitoring) See scripts tab on PC console.

Does script get scheduled?
Did it run?
Did it fail?

Send me data and screenshots of scripts tab if latter 2 are "yes"

stu_u2k

Post by stu_u2k »

Hi,

Ok great that fixed it thanks.

Next question, is there a way I can automate this for new machines or is that taken care of?

I.E. Can I just drop that Patch Remedy Maintenance into our Onboarding script or do it require extra variables to work?

Thanks

Stuart.

stu_u2k

Post by stu_u2k »

Also, is it not a good idea to have a 15 minute Maintenance Windows set in the early part of the ELSE stage of this script?

Certainly if Reboot is allowed surely?! :)

Thanks

Stuart.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

stu_u2k wrote:Also, is it not a good idea to have a 15 minute Maintenance Windows set in the early part of the ELSE stage of this script?

Certainly if Reboot is allowed surely?! :)

Thanks

Stuart.

Not sure I understand, the scanner just scans and the Auto fix will not reboot PC after install so I do not see what value dropping into maintenance mode would do?

Can you elaborate to what effect you would be looking for?

stu_u2k

Post by stu_u2k »

I am talking about when it runs Patch Remedy Maintenance because you have told it to Repair \ Update and Restart, I couldn't see it setting a window.

What I am more interested in is getting this working when I need it and not automatically, for example when we take on a machine, currently with this enabled it does a lot more and it great, but some machines fail and need to wait for this to fix patching before they will work again.

Is there a way I can add this to our HotFix Loop script for example, so after each patch reboot this can check patching is ok before it attempt to patch?

Currently I have machines which will fail then I just have to wait for it to autofix or appear in the window and do it interactively, either way we have to go back and check and restart the patch loop to get it fully up to date, if this can be integrated into out process it would save a lot of checking and re-running scripts of scripts after remedy complete.

Put Simply, I want to be able to fire a script and know it will be 100% upto date by the next day (in vast majority of cases at least).

Our loop script will keep restarting and patching until none available (or hits loop limit) but as soon as a patch deployment fails the loop stops, I need it fixed before then, how can I best guarantee this?
E.G.?
E.G.?
Capture.JPG (13.59 KiB) Viewed 13971 times
Thanks

Stuart.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

stu_u2k wrote:I am talking about when it runs Patch Remedy Maintenance because you have told it to Repair \ Update and Restart, I couldn't see it setting a window.

What I am more interested in is getting this working when I need it and not automatically, for example when we take on a machine, currently with this enabled it does a lot more and it great, but some machines fail and need to wait for this to fix patching before they will work again.

Is there a way I can add this to our HotFix Loop script for example, so after each patch reboot this can check patching is ok before it attempt to patch?

Currently I have machines which will fail then I just have to wait for it to autofix or appear in the window and do it interactively, either way we have to go back and check and restart the patch loop to get it fully up to date, if this can be integrated into out process it would save a lot of checking and re-running scripts of scripts after remedy complete.

Put Simply, I want to be able to fire a script and know it will be 100% upto date by the next day (in vast majority of cases at least).

Our loop script will keep restarting and patching until none available (or hits loop limit) but as soon as a patch deployment fails the loop stops, I need it fixed before then, how can I best guarantee this?
Capture.JPG
Thanks

Stuart.

Return to “Patch Remedy for LabTech (Patch Remedy 4) Retired”