mwilhelmi

Re: Automate or Labtech

Post by mwilhelmi »

Hello Cubert,

did you already figure out something?

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Can you send me a screenshot of you global view where license is showing?

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

We completed the upgrade of our environment to 2023 and am not able to duplicate your issue where consoles fail to load when client is enabled.

So I suspect that maybe you have some data related issues that when a active client opens and tries to load fails or otherwise times out.

You might consider a flush of the data. Depending on what tables you flush you may be required to reconfigure the environment.

All chocolatey table in the Automate database are prefixed with "plugin_sw_chocolateyii"

Screenshot 2023-02-07 090853.png
Screenshot 2023-02-07 090853.png (6.27 KiB) Viewed 4405 times

If you have SQL access to your host you can test each table for size just by grabbing the record counts.

Code: Select all

SELECT count(*) FROM plugin_sw_chocolateyii_installed_apps

It could also be a configuration error in data so size may not be the issue, you might flush client configurations and client excludes

FLUSH TABLE plugin_sw_chocolateyii_client_config; FLUSH TABLE plugin_sw_chocolateyii_client_excludes;
If neither of theses resolve issue of access then last thing would be drop all tables with prefix of plugin_sw_chocolateyii_, restart the DBagent to allow plugin to recreate new tables and start again.

From what I gathered you had C4L awhile so with all the different Automate patches you must of applied and changes that have gone on with Automate, a refresh of Chocolatey may be needed.

mwilhelmi

Post by mwilhelmi »

Hello Cubert,

I did some tinkering with the DB Tables you mentioned.
First I renamed them all and let the "Restart DB Agent" do its magic.
Then I replaced the empty tables with the old tables I renamed before one by one.
This way I could pin down the "plugin_sw_chocolateyii_installed_apps" table to cause the problem.
After that I tried some more. As soon there is a computerID "Installed_apps" that belongs to the opened client.
I then only left one computerID which is assigned to client 1 in the table and cleard (rename) this computerID from any other "plugin_sw_chocolatey..." table. This did not result in any improvement.
I am comming to this conclusion: If a computerID assinged to the respective client is found in "plugin_sw_chocolateyii_installed_apps" then the Chocolatey for Lapbtech page is not loaded in the clients dashboard.
Even only installing the chocolatey framework on a machine breaks the plugin config for the respective client.

Any ideas how to go on?

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Not quite sure why,

Can you fire up SQL Spy in Automate server and lets look at the queries that are being made and the responses when you open a client with an agent with software installed. You can enable SQL spy here in the Automate configuration dashboard.

Screenshot 2023-02-14 120427.png
Screenshot 2023-02-14 120427.png (81.04 KiB) Viewed 4293 times

Here is our systems view of the same location. We can not recreate the current issue your referring to in our environment. We are on C4L build 2.0.1.105 and CWA build 23.0.54 which puts us fully up to date with both plugin and CWA.

Screenshot 2023-02-14 115855.png
Screenshot 2023-02-14 115855.png (212.78 KiB) Viewed 4293 times

Next if you remove all tables, allow it to build new tables and then allow a client to self populate, do you get same results.

Once cleared, enable 1 client with a reasonable amount of agents (> 50). Enable client and allow it to scan and populate as normal. Do not configure anything just allow it to scan agents and build its lists.

Allow 24 to 36 hours for to do this then see if it still will not open. I am looking for some trigger so would like to see what it will do alone as a default new client.

mwilhelmi

Post by mwilhelmi »

Hello Cubert,

please excuse our late reply.
Our version is v23.0.94 right now. We encountered this issue for some time in different versions now.

After removing the tables, letting the DB agent recreate them and waiting for them to be repopulated, we are running into the same problem again.
It does not matter wich software is listed in plugin_sw_chocolateyii_installed_apps.

These lines from SQL spy seem to be related to the opening of the chocolatey tap in the client dashboard:

--> EDTSELECT Application,AppCMD FROM `plugin_sw_chocolateyii_approved_apps` ORDER BY Application 28,0076

--> EDTSELECT computers.Name,computers.ComputerID, plugin_sw_chocolateyii_installed_apps.Application, plugin_sw_chocolateyii_installed_apps.Version, plugin_sw_chocolateyii_installed_apps.DateInstalled,plugin_sw_chocolateyii_installed_apps.Command FROM `plugin_sw_chocolateyii_installed_apps` left JOIN computers on plugin_sw_chocolateyii_installed_apps.ComputerID = computers.ComputerID WHERE plugin_sw_chocolateyii_installed_apps.ComputerID IN (Select computers.ComputerID FROM computers where computers.ClientID = 6) ORDER by plugin_sw_chocolateyii_installed_apps.ComputerID  81,9997

--> EDTSELECT Name,ComputerID from computers where ClientID = 6 and ComputerID IN (SELECT ComputerID FROM plugin_sw_chocolateyii_installed_apps Where Application = 'Chocolatey' and Path IS NOT Null) ORDER BY Name 24,0014

--> GVSelect count(ClientID) FROM plugin_sw_chocolateyii_client_config where ClientID = '6' and Ticket = '1' 22,9998

--> EDTSELECT * FROM `plugin_sw_chocolateyii_client_config` Where ClientID = 6 28,0045

--> GVSelect count(ComputerID) FROM computers where ClientID = 6 and OS LIKE '%Windows%' 23,9969

--> EDTSELECT * FROM plugin_sw_chocolateyii_client_excludes WHERE ClientID = 6 24,0218

--> EDTSELECT Application,AppCMD FROM `plugin_sw_chocolateyii_approved_apps` 22,0018

--> GVSelect count(ComputerID) FROM plugin_sw_chocolateyii_installed_apps where ComputerID IN (Select ComputerID FROM computers where ClientID = 6) 24,962

--> GVSELECT count(ComputerID) as Systems  FROM `plugin_sw_chocolateyii_installed_apps` WHERE Application = 'Chocolatey' and Path is not Null 43,0039

--> ExReplace into properties (Name,Value) Values('CHLC', '150') 22,998

Every single query is returning a result acording to the statement. be it a list of applications or a count of something.
However the statement

Select count(ClientID) FROM plugin_sw_chocolateyii_client_config where ClientID = '6' and Ticket = '1'
Does return 0
Everything else seems pretty normal

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

That last one is also ok, it just checking to see if ticking is on or off.

Last thing to come to mind would be to delete on your workstation the C:\ProgramData\Labtech Plugins\* sub directories and then relaunch the CC console. It will recreate fresh from database the current DLLs.

Next what version of .Net do you have installed on your PC?

Try server OS:
If you are self hosted, can you log in to server and launch CC off of server desktop? Open plugin , do you get same results.

mwilhelmi

Post by mwilhelmi »

Thank you for not giving up and keep trying!

Deleting (renaming) the folder in the path you mentioned did not lead to any success.

I checked two machines. Both have .NET 4.8 installed. After you mentioned .NET I even tried to install .NET 3.5 and tried it again. Not working.

I tried on Win10, WinServer16 (Automate) and WinServer19. None is working.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Would it be possible for me to get some temporary access to your host via my Automate Control Center? I would like to run a few tests locally here with my console to see if I can duplicate your issue on your system with my console. I can then follow any logs and such created to see where the issue lies.

If this is OK with you, send me a email and we will exchange information so I can take a deeper look.

Return to “Chocolatey For Labtech”