Upgrade from v4 to v5

Patch Remedy 5 is the next generation of the Plugins4Automate Patch Remedy family of products.
This forum is used to support Patch Remedy 5 only, if your using a previous version of Patch Remedy please see the forum for that version below.
Inside you will find the documentation project for the plugin were you can get insights on how to operate and use Patch Remedy 5.
connectsys

Upgrade from v4 to v5

Post by connectsys »

Hi there

We were a v4 customer for a number of years. I followed the upgrade post (buy v5, cancel v4 sub) and got the download link through. I went into the plugin manager in Automate and removed the previous version, closed out of CC, went back into it again and installed the new plugin version using your docs for how to install plugins. I have restarted CC a few times, restarted the database agent, restarted IIS (we are a cloud customer so I can't easily restart the server).

I can't see the PR plugin anywhere in the CC, if I check the plugin status I see the status shown in the attachment i.e. no green ticks
PR 5.JPG
PR 5.JPG (16.62 KiB) Viewed 2308 times
Can you help me get this resolved please?

Thanks

Oliver

Cubert

Re: Upgrade from v4 to v5

Post by Cubert »

Looking at your image I do not see a version number for Patch Remedy.

So here is link to download Build 1.0.5.10

https://delivery.shopifyapps.com/-/a033 ... 35fa38e8ca

Download a fresh copy and extract the dll, unblock it in the properties of file before attempting a install.

Select the Patch Remedy from the patch manager and then select to update plugin from menu. Update the DLL, restart the DBagent, logout and back into control center.

After login the plugin manager should look like this

Screenshot 2022-06-21 150633.png
Screenshot 2022-06-21 150633.png (10.17 KiB) Viewed 2305 times

Then Patch Remedy will be in the tools menu

Screenshot 2022-06-21 150537.png
Screenshot 2022-06-21 150537.png (37.46 KiB) Viewed 2305 times

connectsys

Post by connectsys »

Hi there,

I followed your instructions exactly but it hasn't helped unfortunately. The version I was initially using was 1.0.5.10 however i tried again with the one you linked. When I updated the plugin it said the GUID was different and I told it to go ahead. I restarted the DB agent restarted the CC and it still looks like this
PR2.JPG
PR2.JPG (66.72 KiB) Viewed 2293 times
I selected About so you could see the details in there.

Thanks

Oliver

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

OK if you received a Mismatched GUID pop up box then you have upgraded the wrong plugin.

I would test to make sure that the very first plugin in your plugin manager has not been over written with the new DLL file

Please visit this post for a better explanation and how to fix that issue.

viewtopic.php?t=5521

After resolving the above issue, I would remove the plug by disabling then uninstalling it.

restart the DBagent,

Log out of control center and then back in to control center,

Open plugin manager and verify all traces of plugin are gone from plugin manager,

Install new DLL as new plugin.

Right click new plugin install and enable plugin,

Restart the DBagent again,

Log out and back into control center.

Open plugin manager and see if its now loaded.

See if this has the correct results.

connectsys

Post by connectsys »

Hi there

That didn't help unfortunately, the plugin is still missing the green ticks and the version number. I looked through the plugin list but I couldn't see any duplicates or anything else that was showing patchremedy.dll. I checked the first few in the list (they were AD plugins from the AD solution) and they looked fine.

I completely uninstalled/reinstalled/restarted the DB agent etc. but still the same outcome.

Thanks

Ollie

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Are you hosted or on-premise?

This is a very odd behavior for Automate so I think I can best help you by seeing it first hand and trying a few things. If your on-premise that will make it a little easier to access the SQL backend and see what state the plugin is in. If your hosted the logs will be a bit tricker to get and SQL access via scripting or another plugin would be the access point to see what the database is doing.

Can you PM me or email me at support@ with your availability and I can get us a Teams meeting setup to have a look.

Return to “Patch Remedy 5”