Windows Upgrade Assistant - Enterprise 64-bit download bug?

Support forums for the Habitat Automate plugin
rshaw.golden

Windows Upgrade Assistant - Enterprise 64-bit download bug?

Post by rshaw.golden »

I was testing out the Upgrade Assistant, and was noticing odd behavior on the Enterprise machines. I went through and started tracing the script. If I'm reading it right it looks like there's no lines to do the ISO download for Enterprise under 64-bit, if you're just doing a normal web download? The lines that should do the download are flagged as Windows 32-bit only, and when I tried it it would skip right over trying to download the ISO off the webserver and continue on(to obvious failure due to lack of a file).

Cubert

Re: Windows Upgrade Assistant - Enterprise 64-bit download bug?

Post by Cubert »

Can you post the script line numbers you are referring to?

This will allow us to see what your seeing and be on the same page..

rshaw.golden

Post by rshaw.golden »

Sure! I'm going to skip most of the early path I was following, and come in on 52.
  • This continues to 54, which, because its Enterprise, jumps to 58.
  • On hitting 60, this then jumps to 89.
  • 89 continues down to 97, since the API key is unchecked, and since we're not using Google Drive it then jumps to 166
  • Since we're not using the network cache, it continues on to 169, where it sees we're using Enterprise and jumps to 177
Here is where we hit the problem. 178 and 179 are the lines to do the ISO download. Both of them are flagged for WIndows 32-bit only. Therefore if you're on an Enterprise 64 bit they get skipped right over, and there's no relevant lines for 64-bit to do the same thing, so it continues blithely on without a file.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

After a review , we found several instances where Enterprise versions were set to 32 bit. We have corrected all of them now setting ENTerprise to "Windows OS" . This update will be in 1.0.0.56 release of Habitat.

rshaw.golden

Post by rshaw.golden »

Tested and it got past that now! Unfortunately I slammed smack into another issue with line 179. It looks like when it checks to verify the download it is checking the wrong path. Rather than reference the local path like 172-173 it looks like it tries to hit a (nonexistant) network path, which then fails and kicks it out as a failed download.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Yeap We see that.

Its now fixed in 1.0.0.57 which will go out through auto update tonight.

Return to “Habitat”