Managed Printers not showing up for any clients

Support forums for the Habitat Automate plugin
Cubert

Re: Managed Printers not showing up for any clients

Post by Cubert »

Reviewing log There are many entries for MESSAGE="ConnectWise Control Plugin" issues
and several duplicate IDs on plugins but nothing for anything we do so not luck there. So there is no SQL error taking place when you schedule a scan.

I am getting some access today to a system reporting this issue. This will give me a chance to see it in action so We can figure out whats causing this with 2 MSPs out of nearly 100 Habitat subscribers.

jeffdoggendorf

Post by jeffdoggendorf »

Update: I updated the plugin today to the latest version 1.0.0.45 and I am able to see two printers for one client now. Nothing else shows up but at least it is a start. I have tried rescanning, scanning servers only, refreshing. Does not seem to make a difference but at least two printers are showing up now. Happy to send any additional log files if needed. Thanks!
Attachments
Printers.png
Printers.png (36.27 KiB) Viewed 6991 times

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Rescans take some time as it is all scripted in Automate. So agents get the script and start to executing it. May take 15 minutes to several hours( if time zones are different)for script to complete.

What we want to go check is are agents enabled getting scripts scheduled in their script log areas?

If so we are a success.

jeffdoggendorf

Post by jeffdoggendorf »

I have waited a few days but no additional printers are showing up even though I have manually run the scans in the plugin. I have reviewed the one client that has printers showing and can't see any difference in them vs any other client.

I checked the scripts section when scanning and never see the habitat printer one show up.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

We are going to release a new build were we ware trying something a bit different.. See if it has any effect. Not sure why this is but it may be caused by some thing unrelated.

jeffdoggendorf

Post by jeffdoggendorf »

Sounds good. I will keep checking to see when the latest version is released. I am currently on Habitat-1.0.0.45 which looks like the most current one available for download.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

While we are working on the solution to this mystery we have a work around that you can use to simulate our automated printing probes.

First thing you will need to do is find the Habitat Printer Status Maintenance script located normally under the root of the Maintenance folder. This may not be that way in your environment if you are coming from a long hosted or migrated Automate system. Just use the search script tool to find the script by name.

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (77.57 KiB) Viewed 6936 times

You will need to edit the script to turn off the function mode on the script so it becomes visible as a select-able script in the Automate environment.

Capture1.PNG
Capture1.PNG (16.46 KiB) Viewed 6936 times

Edit script, select to UN-CHECK the function script check box and then save script.

After editing script refresh the system cache for your console to see script in consoles.

Next you can schedule the script. Depending on your desired probing you can either choose to schedule the script at either the Client level, Location level or at the agent level. the Probe is just a quick query with WMI so should not be a problem for local users. Typical probe takes about 3 to 5 seconds.

For simplicity we will show you the client level scheduling and just change it to the location or an agent if you so desire. Be careful not to over schedule script at multiple places.

Select a Client from your clients list as seen in image below. Right click to open menu and navigate to scripts -> Computer Scripts -> Maintenance -> Habitat PrinterStatus Maintenance and select it. If it is not there and you followed steps above then you need to reload the system cache for your Automate control Center console.

Capture11.PNG
Capture11.PNG (84.35 KiB) Viewed 6936 times

Select the daily dot in the schedule area and then OK to set schedule. You can select the advanced settings link to verify that script is set to run on only online agents. make mods as needed...

Capture111.PNG
Capture111.PNG (16.73 KiB) Viewed 6936 times

This will allow the plugin to function while we figure out the actual issues with the reported script launcher.

jeffdoggendorf

Post by jeffdoggendorf »

Wanted to send a quick update that I downloaded and installed the latest version of the plugin 1.0.0.46 and everything is working now! Thanks very much for all of the help and troubleshooting. I really appreciate all of the work you put into the plugins, they are awesome. Thank you.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Sweet,

1.0.0.48 should now be on your systems and it fixes similar issues with Windows scheduling updates.

Return to “Habitat”