Self Hosted Repo Issues

Support and questions for using and managing Chocolatey NuGet inside of Labtech
BLundmark

Self Hosted Repo Issues

Post by BLundmark »

Good Day.

We have setup Chocolatey for Automate and got it mostly running how we would like.

A couple issues we are seeing though are with our larger customer is that they are getting Rate Limited because of the number of requests getting generated. These customers have 70+ end points so that makes sense. In order to get around this limitation the documentation from chocolatey.org indicates I needed to setup a repo of my own. I have this repo setup and functioning but I can't get it to play nice with the plugin.

I have added the repo into the plugin per the documentation but it doesn't seem that this repo is being pushed to any of the endpoints. I have made the changes in the plugin and waited 24 hours to make sure that it had time to push out the change to the endpoints. The Repo doesn't show up when running "choco source" on the endpoints and they are still getting rate limited. I enabled a new client with Chocolatey after the repo was setup and it also didn't get that repo as an option.

I don't see any errors at all in the log on the Labtech Server. We host the Labtech server in our environment.

The second issue that might well be related to the first. From the computer using the Labtech client if I setup and give priority 1 to our internal repository then the when I go to add an app as approved it will query our repo first and proxy to the public like expected. The icon for the app shows Yellow then instead of green and its missing its version number and the tool tip is cut off after about 200 characters. This doesn't occur when using the public repo. It leaves the icon green. Has a version number and the tool tip is fully fleshed out. I have no errors on the repo software at all.

If we can get these two items straight I think this software will be a great addition to our toolbox.

Thanks

Cubert

Re: Self Hosted Repo Issues

Post by Cubert »

It's been awhile since we played with different repos, let me have a moment to get spun back up on this with the C4A plugin and I will get you some assistance/resolution.

BLundmark

Post by BLundmark »

Awesome. Thanks. Looking forward to getting this working.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Plugin should auto update to new build released today (3.0.0.32)

If you can not wait to see new stuff then here is quick link

https://delivery.shopifyapps.com/-/03a6 ... 84050c5a03

We fixed the repo scanner issue so any agent can now be a repo scanner and not just the LTserver as before. We also fixed the repo manager and it should be scheduling script now to execute a new script function we added that manages the repos.

Use the repo manager to "push down repos" to manually force agents to update repo lists or during Choco installs if repo manager has repos it will push list at install.

BLundmark

Post by BLundmark »

Seems like we are making progress but still not quite there. When I click the "push down repos" button I can see the Maint script kick off shortly there after. It looks like for some reason though its only trying to remove the repo and not add anything.

I checked by going to powershell and running choco source on computers that show the repo update has run on and they still only show the public choco repo.

If you need screen shots or logs or anything at all just let me know and I can get them to you.

Any thoughts on how I can proceed?

Thanks for the help.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Yes, post all script log entries produced by the push. There should be a couple of them.

BLundmark

Post by BLundmark »

Attached are files hopefully you are looking for. My Labtech tech was pretty tied up so I tried finding what you needed myself.
Script.xlsx
(3.08 KiB) Downloaded 435 times
Command.xlsx
(3.16 KiB) Downloaded 457 times

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Yes, I see where the issue is, we are fixing this typo in logic and will release a new build asap which will auto update your plugin.

BLundmark

Post by BLundmark »

Making Progress. I can see the Repos on the client side. We are still getting failures to update thou. Attaching updated Command and Scripts to show what is currently failing. It looks like its missing a .sql file on the local side.

Also...no idea if this is something that can be done. It would be nice if we could have a field in the plugin where we setup a new repo to push out to also allow us to set the priority of the repo. Right now its defaulting to 0 so its still checking the Choco public first. I can probably script this on my own but it would be handy to have it all in one place.

Thanks so much for the help.
Script.xlsx
New Script
(3.67 KiB) Downloaded 392 times
Command.xlsx
New Command
(3.68 KiB) Downloaded 409 times

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

I found your error and fixed it, was a typo in file locations. We also added in a command counter so you can see how many pending commands stand for a client or agent.

It will show up in header of client or agent console if commands are pending.

We released Build 3.0.0.34 today and auto updates should bring it to you tonight.

Else log in to your account and use the download links to get latest copy from your account management area.

Return to “Chocolatey For Labtech”